System Administrator at AB Bank Rwanda Plc: (Deadline 10 July 2020 )
AB BANK Rwanda Plc. is looking for qualified and competent staff to fill the position of System Administrator
The System Administrator will be responsible for the computer servers of the organization. This individual will ensure on a daily basis that they are running efficiently by performing upgrading and maintenance tasks on hardware and software, resolving technical problems, overseeing their activity levels, ensuring server security, and developing new system structures when necessary.
Key responsibilities & duties
- To manage various types of computing equipment that makes up part of the network;
- To install, configure, and maintain various types of hardware and software, which often involves creating user accounts, carrying out backup and recovery functions, and monitoring the performance of servers at all times;
- To configure, manage, and implement operating systems;
- The System Administrators will be in charge of backups and retrieval of resources;
- He/she will administer and maintain system accounts through Active Directory;
- The System Administrator will work with the IT team to design and deploy secure server processes;
- The System Administrator will take part in the design, architecture, implementation, and maintenance of technology projects;
- As IT equipment can sometimes malfunction, He/she will need to have the ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues on servers and other related devices;
- The System Administrator will often work with other staff members in an organization to evaluate their technology needs, set up workstations, create a database of the organization’s IT policies and document them and help train staff on the use of new technologies;
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues;
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure;
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations;
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls;
- Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed software’s
- Perform shell scripting or other basic scripting tasks
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent;
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols;
- Experience with scripting and automation tools;
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans;
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Degree in computer science, information technology or related field;
- 3-4 years on the same position preferably in a financial institution
- Certification in Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, and Red hat.
Interested candidates should send ONLY:
- Letter of Interest
- Copy of academic qualifications
To email@example.com, not later than 10th July 2020.
[NOTE: Please state the POSITION in the subject of the email.]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.