Tailor/Dressmaker at Mikajy Design: (Deadline 20 October 2020)
Mikajy Design is a fashion brand company specialized in handmade products. We are looking for a professional or trained Tailor/Dressmaker.
Number of position: 1
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Application Deadline: October 20th, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Selection process: Practical test, interview
Starting Date: November 2nd, 2020
Position type: full time
Working time: Monday to Friday 8:00 .am- 5:00 .pm with 1-hour break
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification of tailoring training completion
- English language speaking or reading skills are encouraged and must grow and learn
- Experience with industrial sewing using various machine types
- Ability to replicate original design/construction while preserving fabric
- Ability to manipulate patterns and garment construction
- Proven sewing experience in suits, jackets, pants, gowns, dresses, skirts, and so on
- The ideal candidate is motivated, organized, and dynamic and has:
- Ability to follow established patterns and specifications
- Attention to detail
- Very good eyesight (with or without glasses)
- Self-drive in order to advance skill level
- Passion to learn and use learned skills in different applications
- Thinking and reasoning skills
- The ability to work under time constraints.
- Must be able to work quickly and meet daily production goals
- Ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- The ability to work on your own as well as with others
- The Tailor/Dressmaker will work under the Supervisor assistance
- The tasks of the Tailor/Dressmaker will comprise but not limited to the followings:
- In charge of order and taking a measurement of clients
- Custom sewing or alteration
- Contribute to the daily production sewing of many different types of garments on a variety of fabrics.
- Follow established patterns and specifications
- Cutting/preparing fabric for custom design garments
- You are asked to always be producing and prove quality work to ensure maximum client satisfaction
- You will be constantly learning new skills and will be expected to retain them
Precision is expected for all tasks.
To apply, please send your CV and Motivation letter to [email protected] as subject heading Tailor/Dressmaker, and addressed to the Managing Director of Mikajy Design Ltd. You can also bring it in hand directly to Mikajy Design Shop at Downtown Building Shop LI-30.