Technical Officer at NFT Consult: (Deadline 24 September 2020)
Our Client is a professional construction and transport company focused on adding value to their clients and Rwanda.
We are looking for a Technical Officer who will Manage the company’s fleet and coordinate drivers, ensure that all teams have full complement of drivers at all times. Responsible for the overall accounting and planning, coordinating and managing the fleet including related general administration. Ensure the implementation of the company fleet management and pool car usage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the operational activities of the fleet
- Coordinate with drivers and workshop managers
- Collecting and analyzing transit data
- Ensure the security of all the vehicles of the company including but not limited to arranging tracking for all the cars within the fleet, engraving all their parts, etc.
- Track and analyze the vehicles-wise cost of fueling, maintenance, and other recurring expenses pertaining to running of the fleet
- Provide report on fleet operations regularly
- Verify and resolve customer complaints
- Dispatching and routing of fleet
- Update fleet routes as required to minimize transit time and increase efficient delivery
- Ensure optimal service delivery by transport staff
- Initiate and implement fleet schedule changes as required
- Monitor fleet expenses to ensure compliance with approved budgets
- Works closely with the maintenance unit to ensure proper and timely routine of care for vehicles are maintained
- Work with other Internal Operations team members (and units in the organization) as required to ensure smooth fleet operations
- Promote a culture of safety in the operations of fleet
- Completion of other related tasks as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor in Logistics Management (or any other closely related discipline) from a recognized higher institution
- Certification in Logistics Management will be an added advantage
- Minimum of two (2) years quality working experience in a similar position with good knowledge of fleet/logistics management
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written).