Technical Program Manager – East Africa at PayJoy
PayJoy’s mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life’s unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2019.
PayJoy’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at PayJoy, you lead complex, technically-centric projects using your engineering and project management expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks, and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and expectations to executives as you are discussing trade-offs with engineers.
You will define and own release schedules in our fast-paced environment and work closely with software engineers, product managers, sales managers and external partners to get high-quality products and new features built, tested, and released on time. You will coordinate lots of fast-changing, moving parts and still get them to come together as a product. You’ll need excellent communication skills to be the go-to person for all questions about release schedules, quality, and progress updates. You will be responsible for identifying and managing risks, making sound judgments about quality, and stopping (or speeding up) delivery at the right time.
- Manage technical projects or programs, working closely with PayJoy engineers, sales, and technical staff to develop and track release milestones and schedules for the many moving parts that need to come together.
- Work closely with customers to define needs and develop project plans throughout all stages of the project.
- Manage communication of progress within the core team and external stakeholders (customers, partners, etc.) and escalate issues as necessary.
- Assess the quality of releases through monitoring of incoming bugs and code changes to identify quality issues and trends.
- Develop templates and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
- Work closely with Product teams to turn compliance-related initiatives into tangible projects which you will own.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience as a program or engineering manager managing software projects.
- 1 years of experience as a practicing engineer in a relevant technical domain.
- Minimum 2 years project management experience, including interactions with customers.
- Experience working with external technical partners; should include delivery and driving acceptance of software projects.
- Strong communication skills (all types) to lead and influence project teams and clients.
- Strong organizational skills, including good time management skills as well as ability and comfort interacting with all levels of management.
- PMP or related certification.
- 6 years of relevant work experience, including 4 years of industry experience in managing large, complex projects.
- First hand experience writing software.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills. Able to understand what it takes to write code and have exposure to large-scale systems.
- Adept at leading teams of highly talented, independent individuals with a track record of quickly earning credibility based on your knowledge throughout, and amazing accomplishments.
- Expert at the practical application of program management principles and tools.
- Technical knowledge of the Android platform and ecosystem.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com