Terms of Reference: Social Media and Communication Expert at SPECTRA: (Deadline 7 July 2020)
SPECTRA is a Rwandan local young feminist organization whose mission is to build a strong and well-coordinated movement of empowered young feminist leaders who contribute meaningfully to social justice, gender justice, and realization of sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights of young women and girls.
We seek to hire a part-time credible social media and communication expert in digital and social media platforms (website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram). They will maintain SPECTRA’s presence on various media platforms and regularly analyze and report on the activity on social media networks and website and also head main communications work including content development and graphical design
Roles and responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance of SPECTRA Executive Director and direct supervision of the Program officers with the support of SPECTRA’s entire team the part-time staff will perform the following;
- Maintain web and social media and content development for all SPECTRA’s work that require plans and all upcoming coverage schedules.
- Identify new digital tools and best practices and how to actively engage young people through social media.
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content on the website and other social media platforms
- Grow the one line social networks by increasing user base and interactions
- Prepare social media packs for all key events, initiatives, campaigns, or training.
- Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics.
- Attend and document major projects’ events as required
Qualifications and experience needed:
- Applicants should have a background in social sciences, journalism, IT, communication, or related field.
- Experience with graphic design, the ability to create designs for digital media purposes.
- Ability to take quality photographs and basic photo and video editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining social media accounts, especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, websites as well as experience with new media executions preferably with developing organization.
- Proofreading skills and ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Send CVs, academic certificates, similar work references, application letter no later than 7th July 2020 to email [email protected]. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. For more info, you may call 078213777.