Zonal Coordinator for Western Zone to be based in Rubavu District at IntraHealth: (Deadline 9 July 2020)
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth seeks a Zonal Coordinator for the USAID Ingobyi Activity for Western Zone to be base in Rubavu District – Western Province. The Ingobyi Activity will support the Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal mortality and incidence of malaria in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services and improving the health of women, adolescents, and children under five. Reporting to the Senior Field Coordinator, the Zonal Coordinator will provide management and technical leadership to project activities in Western zone, ensuring strong partnership with district health management teams, coordination and synergy with other donor and projects operating in the zone and ensuring programmatic and clinical excellence and innovative approaches in building highly skilled and functioning public and private health workers ready to offer quality RMNCH and malaria services in Rwanda. Under the leadership of Senior Field Coordinator and supported technical experts in the project’s headquarters office in Kigali, the Zonal Coordinator provides leadership in the development, management, and implementation of project activities leading to desired project results. S/he will contribute substantially to project work plans, reports, and dissemination of results.
S/he will determine the needs for technical assistance from project experts and request such assistance in a timely way. Reporting to the Senior Field Coordinator based in Kigali, the zonal coordinator will oversee operations of the Western Zonal Office and directly supervise all staff based in the Zonal Office.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS ARE BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Establishes partnership with District Health Management Teams, and works with them to develop technical and program activities;
- Ensures timely technical assistance in integrated family health services for the design and implementation of quality services;
- Initiates and facilitates regular technical meetings with districts and the project’s HQ team to review program implementation, and identify measures to overcome implementation bottlenecks and enhance quality of deliverables;
- Accountable for the delivery of strategic program objectives at the zonal level, with regular reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Contributes to donor reports and other project documentation;
- Supervises staff assigned to the Zonal Office and supports them in the achievement of their program objectives;
- Manages daily operations of the Zonal Office and ensures that overall program implementation is on schedule and that reports, work plans, and budgets are prepared with sufficient lead time to get the necessary approvals;
- Represents the project at the zonal level as required;
- Implements other duties as assigned related to the project’ zonal-level work.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Medicine, Masters of Nursing, Masters of Public Health, or related relevant field with strong public health experience.
- Have a valid license issued by Rwanda National Council of Nurses and Midwives; Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council, or Rwanda Medical Associations.
- Demonstrated ability and minimum eight (8) years of experience working on donor-funded health programs with a preference for experience in RMNCH.
- Proven professional experience working or supporting work in health facilities and mentoring health care providers, especially in maternities, MNCH, FP or M&E;
- Proven leadership skills and expertise in the management of health programs and program staff and fostering team work;
- Familiarity with USAID or other USG administrative, management and reporting procedures/systems;
- Keen understanding of Rwanda’s health system at the district and community levels;
- Strong interpersonal communication, teamwork, partnering, and consensus-building skills;
- Ability to prioritize amongst competing demands with minimal supervision;
- Willingness to travel within zone/country;
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Oral and written English and Kinyarwanda communication skills required. Oral and written communication skills in French will be an advantage.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness and ability to travel and to work independently with all stakeholders
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
- Willingness to work overtime as required
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Office environment requiring sitting at a desk most of the day, using hands to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Requires lifting of 0-25 lbs. occasionally or as needed
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment that supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.