Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz Research Proposal Scholarships: (Deadline 15 June 2022)
Are you about to complete your studies or have you already done so? Have you considered a PhD in a humanities or social sciences subject at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz? Apply now for Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz Research Proposal Scholarship.
Are you searching for bridging funding to help you develop your doctoral project and attract funding for a doctoral position or scholarship? If so, then a doctoral research proposal scholarship from the Gutenberg Graduate School of the Humanities and Social Sciences could be just what you are looking for!
The proposal scholarships are intended to help potential recipients complete a convincing research proposal within the six-month scholarship period, which provides the foundation for a successful PhD scholarship application or university position. In addition to the financial support, the scholarship also offers a substantial level of non-material support such as workshops on research proposal writing and PhD preparation, along with other advisory and skills development opportunities.
Mainz Research Proposal Scholarship
- The scholarship amounts to €1,450 per month (basic scholarship plus a flat rate allowance for research costs). A childcare allowance may also be awarded. The usual period for which the scholarship is awarded is six months.
Eligibility for Mainz Research Proposal Scholarship
Applications are welcomed from
- advanced students or graduates of any university (in Germany or abroad), who either already hold, or will soon hold, a degree entitling them to do a PhD at the Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU);
- Advanced students or graduates of foreign universities, who would like to do their doctorate at the JGU and who have either already submitted, or are about to submit, an application for recognition of their foreign qualifications;
- People currently participating in an aptitude assessment/fast track procedure at the JGU as preparation for admission to doctoral studies.
Application of Mainz Research Proposal Scholarship
The following application materials are needed:
- Application form
- Tabular CV
- Covering letter (1-2 pages)
- Certificates of all university degrees (including Transcripts of Records). Where a degree certificate is not yet available, you should include a current Transcript of Records
- Brief outline of project (max. 2-3 pages + max. 1-page bibliography) including a working title for the doctorate and indication of the discipline in which the doctorate is being done.
- Letter of recommendation from a university lecturer (JGU or home university) (max. 1-2 pages.)
- Confirmation from a JGU lecturer entitled to supervise in the chosen doctoral subject, and who is available to mentor the applicant during the funding period. (This does not imply any commitment to later supervision of the doctorate). The mentor’s confirmation of supervision can be submitted as an informal letter and should be attached to the application as a scan. Tips for mentors
- Where applicable, a description of individual factors which have had an impact on your education or studies. And resulted in the maximum period of three years between graduation and application not being kept to.
Send all documents electronically by June 15, 2022 by e-mail in a single pdf to the following address. email@example.com and follow the order given above when assembling the documents.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.