Junior Finance & Administration Officer (GCCA-EC) at THE AFRICAN UNION COMMISSION: (Deadline 11 July 2022)
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Shari
Reports to: GCCA + Project Coordinator
Directorate/Department: Sustainable Environment & Blue Economy Directorate/Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy, and Sustainable Environment (DARBE)
Division: Sustainable Environment
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P1
Number of Positions: 01
Contract Type: Fixed – Term
Location: Libreville, Gabon
Purpose of Job
The African Union Commission (AUC) has secured funding from the European Union for the implementation of the Global Climate Change Alliance Plus programme (GCCA+). The overall objective of the programme is to build the institutional capacity and support the coordination functions of the African Union Commission (AUC) and the Economic Community of Central Africa States (ECCAS) for the implementation of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the correspondent Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) in Africa. The AUC is responsible for the overall continental coordination of the programme implementation,
The Junior Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for the delivery of administrative and financial tasks, as well as assisting with technical aspects of the programme. The officer will have the overall responsibility of assisting the programme on the planning and execution of all administrative tasks. S/he will make necessary follow-up on administrative matters involving various AU Departments and Directorates, and other offices. Other functions include provision of assistance in the overall coordination and monitoring of the programme in addition to involvement in the day-to-day activities.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual budget based on the work-plan
• Supports the compilation of financial reports and statements.
• Provide support in managing cash controls and disbursements
• Provide administrative support and prepare relevant progress reports.
• Liaise with the Finance, Human Resource Management, Operations and Supply Chain directorates on financial, HR, administration and procurement functions; serve as focal person to handle related files, provide proposals and solutions to particular matters, prepare summary/status reports regularly and handle all related matters
• Assist the office in facilitating communication with various service departments at the Headquarters
• Facilitate engagements with stakeholders, schedule appointments and provide required administrative and logistical support as required.
• Draft correspondences on finance and administration matters and ensure that the incoming and outgoing correspondences and communication are efficiently handled.
• Handle logistical arrangements for meetings and other events.
• Make travel arrangements for the officers and perform liaison duties with partners;
• Prepare and participate in project meetings and take minutes and/or notes of such meetings; follow up on the implementation of meeting decisions/action plans through liaison with the programme staff and those implied.
• Maintain databases, confidential and management records; soft and hard copy administrative and finance related documents/files;
• Prepare and participate in project meetings and take minutes and/or notes of such meetings.
• Perform any other related duties assigned by supervisors.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Candidates must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Administration Management or related fields, with at least two (2) years relevant work experience, preferably in international organizations OR Masters level of academic qualification in the above listed areas of study with a minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
• A qualification in project management would be an added advantage.
• Candidates must have appropriate experience at a junior level with exposure to programme support and professional engagement in one or more of the following areas: project management, environmental management, climate change adaptation and mitigation, management involving multi-stakeholders such as RECs, Member States, RCCs, and Development Partners.
• Experience in office management and administration would be a strong added advantage.
• Experience in the ECCAS region (i.e. Member States) will be an added advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Sound planning and organizational skills
• Very good drafting skills
• Very good ability to liaise with various stakeholders, at different levels
• Very good sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative
• Ability to negotiate, to communicate diplomatically
• Proficiency in one of the AU languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish). Preference is given to candidates who speak at least one of the ECCAS working languages and fluency in another ECCAS language is an added advantage
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment shall be for an initial period of one (1) year, the first three (3) months of which shall be on probation. It shall be renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump sum of US$ 70,474.20 (P1 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 55,665.42 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be made not later than July 11, 2022.
Requisition ID: 1186
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.