Local Peace Advisor /EFK (Clinical Psychologist/Counselor) at ARCT-RUHUKA (Rwandese Association of Trauma Counsellors): (Deadline 4 July 2022)
The Rwandan Organization of Professional Counselors ARCT – Ruhuka is a National Nonprofit making Organization , formed in April 30th 1998 and officially registered under the Ministerial Decree No.97/11 on 28 July, 2004 and registered by Rwanda Governance Board (RGB). The organization was started to support survivors of psychological trauma, through integrated and holistic services for prevention, care, and healing to facilitate recovery for sustainable unity and reconciliation, peace and development.
Our mission: is to lead the development and application of innovative psychosocial approaches to mental health services and strengthen professional capacity in understanding, treating and preventing mental health problems for sustainable development.
Our Vision: ARCT-Ruhuka envisages a Rwanda where all people have access to integrated mental health services.
ARCT-RUHUKA operates country wide and intervenes in the field of psychosocial that contributes directly to psychosocial reintegration and building peace at individual, family and community levels through different projects, under four major programs: Training, Counseling and Clinical Supervision, Information Education and Communication and Institutional Capacity building.
In partnership and with financial support from GIZ/ZFD, under the Refugee Component , ARCT-Ruhuka wish to recruit a Clinical Psychologist or Counselor to work as Local Peace Advisor (Known as EFK) to support and manage the overall psychosocial interventions in Kigeme and Mugombwa Refugee camps.
POSITION : Local Peace Advisor /EFK (Clinical Psychologist/Counselor)
The purpose of the position is to support the overall implementation and day to day management, monitoring and evaluation of project activities to achieve psychosocial reintegration.
Key Duties: Under the supervision of ARCT-Ruhuka program manager , the Local Peace Advisor /EFK will be responsible for the following:
- Will be part of ARCT –Ruhuka Technical Team (TT)
- Overall day to day management and Coordination of Psychosocial intervention in project activities and budget in the refugee camps
- Develop project and its budget, according to the needs on ground
- Develop detailed project implementation /work plan and provide professional progress reports including; formal weekly, monthly quarterly and annual Plans and Reports.
- Carry out Psychosocial training needs assessment and identify existing gaps for building capacities and appropriate interventions in refugee camps.
- Developing an integrated and tailored training manual/module for training of psychosocial workers /volunteers in camps of operation
- In partnership with key partners in the camps , Select participants for training
- Organize and conduct training of trainers (TOT), Community Psychosocial Workers(CPWs), partners, Clinical supervisors and peer to peer support
- Develop monitoring and evaluation tools for ARCT-Ruhuka refugee Component project intervention, that will help to capture project progress and impact over time
- Regularly monitor and collect necessary data and create project data base
- Work closely with other partners in the refugee camp to create synergy among different interveners in the camp
- Provide Clinical Supervise to the Trained CPWs / volunteers as required, to strengthen their capacity , own/self-care and quality services
- Receive clients and handle referred cases by CPWs and/or Community Facilitators for further professional counseling as needed
- Attend project coordination and other organized meetings in the camp and represent ARCT –Ruhuka as required
- Strengthen and maintain good partnerships with key stake holders
- Putting in place strategies to ensure high quality and professional services to the beneficiaries
- Create and maintain networks of relevant interveners/stake holders for referral purposes , and maintain their data base for sustainability of the project
- Create data base with clear statistics, best practices /lessons learnt, challenges and strategies (success stories /theories of change) and provide timely reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills/Qualities Required
- Ability to motivate people and work effectively in teams and partnerships with a various groups of stakeholders
- A person of integrity and trust worthy , transparent and accountable
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills ,
- Able to make clear decisions , and work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to develop Professional modules, provide training, clinical supervision and counseling.
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Developed computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, e-mail, outlook and others
- Developed level of initiative , creativity and able to work semi-independently and solve problems under tight deadlines
- Willingness to work and live in a rural setting , working in hardships ,
- Both men and women are encouraged to apply
PS: The candidate must be a resident or ready to stay near the camps of operation
Education and Experience required
- Bachelor degree (A0 ) in Clinical psychology, Counseling psychology or other related disciplines with at least 3 years practical field experience
- Prior experience in psychosocial field is required and having worked in refugee camps is an added advantage
- Previous experience in psychosocial training, clinical supervision and counseling is required
- Proven experience in a variety areas of psychosocial approaches and clinical intervention
Proficiency in English or French language is required (spoken and written); Kinyarwanda is obligatory and Swahili is an added value.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Signed CV with most recent experiences and at least 3 reference
- Notified copies of academic qualifications
- Copy of ID
The above required documents should be addressed to The Chairperson, ARCT-Ruhuka,. Documents can be deposited at ARCT-Ruhuka Head Offices in Kibagabaga, not later than Monday 4th July, 2022 at 12:00 or by Email with all the required documents attached to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other information, please contact us on telephone no 250 787104307 (ARCT-Ruhuka) Note: Due to the big volume of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for next stage of recruitment process.
ARCT-Ruhuka is committed to safe guarding of all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities whom we work with, and takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Done at Kigali 22/06/2022
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.