Malaria SBCC Coordinator at Rwanda Development Organization(RDO): (Deadline 29 April 2022)
Terms of Reference (ToR) for Recruitment of Malaria SBCC Coordinator for the Implementation of Malaria SBCC Strategic Interventions by CSOs
Rwanda Development Organization (RDO) is a Non-profit, Non-Government Organization (NGO) founded in 1995 to support the initiatives of Rwandese in social and economic reconstruction and development of the country.
Rwanda Development Organization (RDO) was formed with the vision of Rwandans in control of their own destiny, enjoying a good standard of living and sustainable development. Accordingly, RDO was assigned with the mission of empowering partner communities including those vulnerable to improve their human capital, achieve food and nutrition security and establish market linkages in a sustainable natural environment and community mobilization towards diseases prevention especially HIV / AIDS, TB and Malaria. In this way, communities will build better and sustainable socio-economic development.
In line with its mission, since 2009, RDO has been partnering with the Government of Rwanda through the Ministry of Health in community mobilization towards prevention and control of diseases such as Malaria, Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS. Recently, RDO secured funding from the Ministry of Health for implementation of Malaria Social Behavior Communication Change (SBCC) Strategic Interventions in the City of Kigali.
In this regard, RDO wishes to recruit staff who will support in the execution of the above mentioned project. The positions of the staff to be recruited are the following:
Malaria SBCC Coordinator
Master’s Degree in Health promotion, Communication or Epidemiology, Public health, Hospital and Health care administration, Community Health, Social Sciences with a minimum of 2 years of working experience in the area of Behavior Change and Communication or Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Communication, Public Health, Health Education, Health Promotion, Community Mobilization with a minimum of 4 year working experience.
- Strategic thinking with problem solving skills
- Team working and organization skills in public health related domains
- Demonstrated abilities or proven experience in working with communities would be an added value
- Fluency and writing skills in English or French and Kinyarwanda are required
- Panning and team organization skills
- Good communication skills with Fluency and community mobilization skills
- Excellent analytical and advocacy skills is desirable
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
Under the overall supervision of Malaria Project Manager, the Malaria Innovations SBCC Coordinator will be responsible of the following:
- Facilitate the Implementation of Malaria SBCC Control activities through appropriates messaging and communication.
- Participate in the annual planning process and provide technical support for Malaria control Activities.
- Mobilize social and political support at all levels to create and sustain an enabling environment that create demand for the use of Malaria control activities.
- Coordinate different advocacy and mobilization events relating to Malaria Control Tools at all levels
- Collaborate RBC/Malaria District Supervisors to ensure Local Leaders, Health Facilities and Communities are fully engaged in Malaria Control activities .
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and all Staff from all CSOs involved in Malaria SBCC Project to design and implement innovative malaria control interventions and messaging at all levels
- Coordinate Monitoring and Evaluation of Malaria SBCC control activities
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly reports of Malaria SBCC activities to Project Manager
- Ensure close follow up of implementation of recommendations.
- Document SBCC best practices or most significant success stories of the project activities
- Carry out other tasks to support the project efforts as assigned
- Provide administrative support as needed
How to apply
Interested candidates for the above mentioned positions are invited to apply by addressing their application letters to the RDO Executive Secretary. They will also present their curriculum vitae (CV), authentified copies of their degrees and relevant certificates. Application documents will be deposited in sealed envelope at RDO Headquarters Secretariat at KK500 st 22, BRALIRWA Road, Kicukiro District not later than April 29th, 2022 at 3:00PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for related interviews.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.