Malaria Study Nurse at Jhpiego: (Deadline 2 May 2022)
Job Opportunity Announcement / PMI Impact Malaria Study positions
Jhpiego is an International, Non-Profit health organization affiliated to Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care. Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Website: http://www.jhpiego.org
Jhpiego is a key partner in the USAID-funded President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) Impact Malaria Project contributing to the country’s National Malaria Control Strategic Plan 2020-2024 and beyond.
PMI Impact Malaria Project works with national Malaria programs to fight Malaria and save lives by strengthening the diagnosis, treatment and drug-based prevention of Malaria, especially for children and pregnant women.
The PMI Impact Malaria in collaboration with the Malaria and Other Parasitic Diseases Division/Rwanda Biomedical Center will be starting a health facility based clinical trial on efficacy of artemether-lumefantrine and dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine in Rwanda. The present study will be an open-label trial in which patients (children aged 6 months to 59 months) with uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria in three sites with different levels of antimalarial drug resistance will be treated with ALN and DP. Children will be followed-up for 28 days to 42 days after treatment. Jhpiego Rwanda is hiring the following positions for the Study:
Malaria Study Nurse (1 position):
Position : Malaria Study Nurse (1)
Study sites : Ngoma, Nyaruguru, Southern Province
Reporting to : Malaria Study Coordinator
Supervised staff : N/A
Type of contract : Fixed term
Duration of the contract : 1 Year
Tentative start date : Early May 2022
- The candidate will be responsible to provide nursing care for participants recruited in the study(s) according to clinical protocols.
- He/she will be responsible to screen participants, obtain informed consent, administration of study interventions and follow-up procedures while monitoring for adverse effects, data collection.
- They will also be expected to work within the health centers
- They will work in close collaboration with the Study Coordinator and laboratory personnel under the supervision of the Head of Health Center and the Principal Investigator.
- Be Rwandan by nationality and ready to start immediately
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Midwifery with training skills in IMCI
- Having a valid license from National Nurses and Midwives Council is required.
- Experience in a pediatric department in a multidisciplinary team will be essential.
- Prior experience in research will be desirable.
- Ability to work under the leadership of the health center where the sites will be located and build a good relationship between different teams
- The candidate will be in good standing and registered with the Nurses and Midwives Council of Rwanda.
- In case of need, ready to be based at one of other 2 study sites (Masaka and Bugarama)
IMPORTANT – HOW TO APPLY!!
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online through http://jrims.org/Job_Application/ and upload the following documents in PDF format with their respective names:
- Motivation letter addressed to the Country Director with “POSITION APPLIED FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
- Updated CV,
- Proof of previous experiences,
- Academic Degrees & Certificates,
- Valid License
- 3 referees, one of whom should be the current employer, previous employer with their full contacts.
The closing date for the vacancy is Monday May 2nd, 2022 @ 5pm. If you don’t hear from us within three weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
Failure to follow the outlined procedure might result in the application being disqualified.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment because of age, religion, tribe, race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, marital status, family responsibility, station of life, political opinion, health (includes HIV/AIDS, pregnancy) socioeconomic status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Employment and promotion for any position are based on an individual’s qualifications and merit. Jhpiego does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, orientation or any other fees).
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.