Maternal Neonatal and Child Death Audit (MNCDA) Advisor at IntraHealth: (Deadline 25 February 2022)
GOLDEN PLAZA, 3rd Floor
KG 546 Street 1
Tel.: + (250) 738795924
Job Opportunity: Maternal Neonatal and Child Death Audit (MNCDA) Advisor
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we have built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The USAID Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, Maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child, and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi works to improve the availability, quality, and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability.
The Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Death Audit Advisor will work as an integral part of Ingobyi Activity’s MNCH team at the same time as part of MCCH-RBC team. The MNCDA Advisor will report primarily to MCCH Division Manager – RBC and secondly to Sr. RMNCH Specialist of IntraHealth – Ingobyi Activity. Through a five-year grant from USAID, Ingobyi is a consortium project led by IntraHealth International. This project collaborates with the Rwanda Ministry of Health to reduce preventable infant and maternal deaths, reduce the incidence of malaria, and bring high-quality, integrated health services to more Rwandan mothers, children, and adolescents. The Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Death Audit Advisor will provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health/RBC for all matters pertaining to Maternal and Child Health to ensure the implementation of high-quality MNCH services at the facility and community levels. He will be based on daily basis at RBC/MCCH Division and will report to Ingobyi Activity office at least four days within a month for program planning and reporting with the rest of the team under Ingobyi Activity.
In collaboration with MOH/RBC/MCCH Division staff and Ingobyi Activity MNCH Team,
- Support the Rwanda Ministry of Health/RBC/MCCH Division to implement new deaths audit approaches and to monitor existing maternal, neonatal and under five deaths audit programs at health facility and community level (verbal autopsy).
- Develop, review, and adapt maternal, neonatal and child deaths audit tools
- Seeking out and using available MCH data to inform strategic and implementation decisions.
- Review, develop and prepare project training around MNCH.
- Participate in all Ingobyi Activity operations research and monitoring and evaluation activities conducted by Ingobyi Activity and Rwanda Ministry of Health/RBC/MCCH Division.
- Seek out innovative approaches to address the MNCH challenges faced in Rwanda and share all new information and insights with Ingobyi Activity colleagues, supervisor, and project management.
- Conduct analysis and produce reports on maternal, neonatal and child deaths audit at health facility and community levels.
- Support Rwanda Ministry of health/RBC/MCCH Division to implement Maternal Perinatal Child Death Surveillance and Response (MPCDSR) Guidelines.
- Represent the Ingobyi Activity at Ministry of Health/RBC and other MNCH technical meetings related to areas of responsibility and alert supervisor and project management about any upcoming meetings of importance to the project
- Participate in evaluations of maternal, neonatal, and child deaths audit programs and to follow implementation of recommendation from those evaluations.
- Alert supervisor and Project management of all issues and problems that have the potential to undermine project success
- A Medical Doctor with bachelor’s degree in medicine and a Master’s degree in Public Health or related science.
- A valid Registration Certificate from Rwanda Medical and dental Council.
- For Public servant candidates, they must comply with MoH releasing requirement, at least 3 of experience as public servant for GPs, and 5 years of experience as public servant for Specialists.
- At least a proven 4 years of experience in conducting Maternal Neonatal and Child death Audit at the central or district level or
- At least a proven 4 years of experience in implementing RMNCH Programs
- Experience in building capacity at individual and organizational levels.
- Skilled in Emergency obstetric and neonatal care (EmONC), Antenatal care, neonatal care.
- Demonstrated understanding of Rwandan healthcare system from central to decentralized levels.
- Ability to coach, train, mentor, and develop technical capacity in national programs technical staffs.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentations skills in English, Knowing French and Kinyarwanda is an added Value
- Strong skills in word processing and Excel, Data analysis and PowerPoint Presentation
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes, and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources, and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for Health sector and IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational challenges. Ability apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research, and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for MoH and intraHealth.
Ethical practices: respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
HOW TO APPL
Learn more about IntraHealth Careers @:https://www.intrahealth.org/career-opportunities
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
- Motivation letter
- Copies of notarized degrees and certificates compiled in one PDF document
- Copy of valid License issued by Rwanda Medical and dental Council
- Updated Curriculum Vitae f maximum 3 pages with three references and their contacts. The referencing should be made of the current supervisor, previous supervisor, and academic supervisors contacts.
Please apply by February 25, 2022. Shortlisting and interviews will be done on rolling basis until the position is filled. Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the submission, consider your application unsuccessful
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.