Medical Oncologist, PIH/IMB Oncology Program at Partners In Health/Inshuti Mu Buzima (PIH): (Deadline 25 May 2022)
Position: Medical oncologist, PIH/IMB Oncology program
Reporting to: PIH/IMB-District Program Director/Burera
Summary of role: Serves as clinical team lead in provision of care for cancer patients at Butaro Hospital. Also plays a key role in programmatic implementation of Butaro Cancer Center of Excellence including training and mentoring of Butaro team and medical students from University of global health equity (UGHE), access to medicines and consumables, documentation and advocacy and implementing quality of care improvements and developments and application of SOPs.
CLINICAL & TEACHING/MENTORING
1. With input from Boston-based cancer expert team:
a. Provide direct clinical care, for hospitalized Butaro adult oncology patients. This includes rounding at least 3 days a week in the Cancer ward and leading management of these patients
b. Oversee care of outpatient adult oncology patients seen at Butaro oncology Clinic, at least 1 day a week, including precepting general physicians and medical students.
c. Provide input to other general physicians on the management of patients with cancer or who are suspected to have cancer managed in other wards and clinics.
d. Serve as lead accepting physician for adult cancer patients being referred to Butaro from outside facilities
e. Provide CME/CPD training and bedside mentoring to general physicians, medical students, nurses at Butaro hospital.
f. Participate in national oncology training programs as time allows.
g. Lead the radiotherapy referral system and its ongoing capacity building efforts and documentation.
ADMIN & PROGRAMMATIC
1. Facilitate quality improvement and assist with general administration:
a. Work collaboratively with other oncologists and the hospital Director of clinic services, Chief of Nursing, Head of Pharmacy, and Head of Lab to ensure proper and harmonized delivery of cancer care services at BCCOE.
b. Contribute to addressing of logistical issues regarding Oncology patient care that arise.
c. Organize decision making around and keep track of transfers of cancer patients to referral facilities in Rwanda and for radiotherapy to Rwanda Military Hospital contribute to transfer decision making for adult cancer patients.
d. Actively participate in the implementation of PIH-IMB oncology 5 years strategic plans especially on aspects related to cancer Programmatic developments, quality improvement, expansion of oncology formulary.
2. Support the oncology nurse educators and oncology instructor:
- Supervise the chart audit process to improve care.
- Ensure proper documentation and completeness of patient data.
- Work with oncology nurse educators and oncology instructors to ensure safety of chemotherapy and continuous professional education of nurses.
3. Support the health informatics team:
- Active participation in the process of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) inpatient point care.
- Lead the review of oncology EMR forms and completeness of patient data.
- Participate in data quality assessment meetings.
- Contribute to the efforts to reduce lost to follow up among oncology patients.
- Receive mentorship from Boston-based cancer expert team and Oncology Program Officer
- Receive programmatic mentorship and exposure, with support of IMB District Program Director
- Participate in oncology research activities, and have access to the research mentorship and supports available at PIH/IMB
- Special consideration for attending national and international cancer-related conferences/meetings (available as budget allows)
IDEAL ATTRIBUTES FOR THE POSITION:
- Medical Degree and specialization in medical oncology or clinical oncology and demonstrated experience in caring for cancer patients.
- At least 3 years of clinical experience in cancer care.
- Highly motivated to play a key role in the advancement of cancer care at Butaro cancer center.
- Understands and upholds principles of equity in health care and alignment with national priorities in provision of cancer care in Rwanda.
- Highly organized and able to keep track of multiple administrative and clinical tasks simultaneously.
- Strong management, communication, mentoring, teaching and leadership skills. Ability to work well with diverse team.
- Ability to work and live in rural places.
- Ability to live PIH/IMB values: Ubumuntu, Ubupfura, Ubwubahane, Ubunyangamugayo, Ubumwe, Agaciro, Kugira ishyaka;
- At Partners In Health, we are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work- including our patients, families and community members – as well as our staff are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
How to apply:
If you believe that you are the right candidate for the above position, please submit your applications: CV and application letter (in M.s Word or PDF format) to: https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job%2FoXrDjfw4
Applications should be submitted not later than 25 May 2022
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.