Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE RWANDA): (Deadline 20 October 2021)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT 2
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) at AEE Rwanda
Job Title: M&E Officer
Reports to: Project Coordinator
About African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE) Rwanda
AEE is a Christian local relief, development, and advocacy organization established in 1987 and dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities to address root causes of poverty and injustice. AEE’s relief and development work is accomplished through programs of health, nutrition, agriculture, education, peacebuilding and reconciliation, emergency response, and youth/women entrepreneurship. AEE works closely with CRS Rwanda to promote Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development initiatives in both rural and urban settings.
The Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development (INECD) activity will promote nurturing and responsive care practices, especially in the areas of health, functioning, nutrition, and early childhood development (ECD) for caregivers and children. Specifically, the activity aims to improve health and nutrition outcomes among women of reproductive age and adolescents and improve infant and young child feeding practices. It also aims to address child development gaps and significant unmet physical rehabilitation and assistive technology (rehab/AT), and social inclusion needs for infants and children. The activity will focus on community-level service delivery, community-health facility linkages, and district-level capacity development, as well as address issues of inclusion and participation, including access to programs and services for children and adults with disabilities, in line with Government of Rwanda priorities.
AEE seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to handle her portion of INECD aspects of monitoring and evaluation (M&E). The M&E Officer shall implement strategies designed to assure the quality of data collection, collation, entry, analysis, and reporting through consistent application of the existing monitoring and evaluation Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other guidelines.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluation project performance in accordance with the logical framework and reporting requirements.
- Receive, review, analyze, validate, enter/code, and store various program data streams as submitted by field operations staff. Prepare and collate these into relevant formats for preparing reports and feedback for decision support.
- Share analyses and trends with project team members to help synchronize project decision-making processes with M&E results.
- Ensure M&E information is shared and flows transparently within the project team and to other organizational levels as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator to help ensure that project work plans are on target to meet deliverables in a timely and effective manner.
- Contribute to AEE’s understanding of the effectiveness of technical training packages.
- Qualifications at degree level in business management, economics, statistics, development studies, international relations, or other relevant area of study.
- At least 2 years of experience with M&E methods and approaches, including designing, planning, and implementing M&E systems, analyzing and reporting using a logical framework, and other strategic planning approaches.
- Proven ability to work with various M&E methods and approaches.
- Experience working with inclusive nutrition and early childhood development preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations/environment.
- Ability to manipulate data using quantitative software such as SPSS and STATA preferred.
Required languages: Fluency in both Kinyarwanda and English is required.
Travel: Undertake visits to the field as necessary to enforce and validate data collection techniques and to identify where adaptations might be needed to ensure continuous quality of project data.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong planning skills and ability to work independently within agreed workplans and timelines and generate solutions to changing situations.
- Good communication skills that allow regular interface with a diverse team both in the field and in back-room operations.
- Willingness to spend time working and travelling in project sites located in rural areas.
How to apply:
Please submit the following documents in a single file attachment to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate in the subject -application for Project M&E Officer).
- Motivation/application letter explaining your suitability for the position (maximum 1page)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages) and notarized copies of academic documents
- 2 referees that are not blood relatives with their full address/contact.
- Recommendation from your church leader, issued within 6 months period
- Copy of your National ID
Deadline for application: Wednesday 20th October 2021 at 5 pm.
Please, include the below statement in your motivation letter:
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that AEE requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Due to the anticipated high interest in this post and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kigali, Rwanda October 11, 2021
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.