Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Officer at Living Water International (LWI): (Deadline 8 February 2022)
Living Water International (LWI) is a faith-based non-profit organization that helps communities in developing countries to create sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) programs in response to the global water crisis. Living Water International has been operating in Rwanda since 2007and it is currently implementing WASH Programs in Ruhango and Nyanza Districts. LWI Rwanda is hiring for a Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer (MEL Officer), to be based in Ruhango Field office. The Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation Officer (MEL Officer) position is a senior position – so, the position holder should be qualified and experienced enough to lead MEL work independently and with minimum supervision.
Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Officer
Reporting to: Program Director
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The MEL Officer is responsible for WASH Program development, monitoring, and evaluation to ensure that programs are designed and implemented to meet LWI’s quality standards, community needs, and accountability to the donors. MEL Officer coordinates the baseline surveys, Identification and design of the new WASH Program areas, midterm, and final evaluations for existing WASH Program areas. S/he is responsible to document and disseminate learnings and impact stories alongside the country program. S/he will be responsible for collecting and analyzing both qualitative and quantitative program data and avail the reports to the senior management team to make informed decisions. The MEL Officer is responsible to coordinate and compile the monthly, quarterly, and annual program reports.
Program design and operations
- Support the program director in the implementation of a planning, monitoring and evaluation system according to the LWI Country Strategy Plan.
- Support WASH Program Area (WPA) teams in planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Organize annual planning and review meetings.
- Produce major reports and case studies on M&E lessons from LWI work,
- Implementing M&E training programs for staff that will enhance and develop skills required to perform their jobs in assessment, design, monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
- Support in proposal writing and other fundraising activities.
- Support in writing most significant change stories in communities where LWIR operates.
M&E system and Information Management
- Implement LWI Monitoring and Evaluation strategies including baselines, evaluations and monitoring activities.
- Provide technical support to LWIR staff in developing and applying a simple, systematic, effective, and participatory system of project monitoring and evaluation.
- Reviewing/creating and maintaining relevant database in support of LWIR operations.
- Design and implement periodic field studies and other data collection instruments for the purposes of learning the effects of program interventions.
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data for enhancing planning and implementation of programmes.
- Verifying and validating at least 90% of the data reported.
- Ensure up-to-date databases that provide real-time accurate and complete information on WASH program implementation and resource utilisation.
- Update of indicators and ensure minimum standards for measurement of project impact and program excellence are followed.
Reporting and Capacity Building
- Capacity building of program staff in M&E.
- Prepare concise WPA reports for Consolidation by Program director.
- Assess equipment and Software needs for M&E and ensure appropriate, effective, and efficient software/equipment is maintained.
- Report to Program director monthly on the M&E work progress
Documentation and Research
- Coordinate and facilitate action research on important issues in the water and sanitation sector as identified by LWIR country office.
- Support in-country efforts to develop local learning systems and production of learning products on regular basis for dissemination in-country and internationally within LWIR and its stakeholders.
- Develop relationships with major stakeholders in WPA areas
- Execute other tasks as required for the successful implementation of the M&E deliverables.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the following: – Water and Environmental Engineering; Water Resources and Environmental Management, Statistics; Public Health; Social works, Rural Development, Development Studies, International Development, Project management, community development, or any other related fields; with five years’ work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of donor-funded programs
- A postgraduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added value
- At least five (5) years of M&E work experience in INGO or UN settings
- Well Experienced in project cycle management
- Good understanding of WASH sector in Rwanda and SDG#6
- Previous work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of WASH programs in Rwanda is an asset
- Practical, hands-on skills in managing a monitoring and Evaluation system including its review, tools development, and Information management.
- Thorough understanding and experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, including sampling, survey design, data analysis, and application of these methods to project monitoring and evaluation standards in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Experience in at least two M&E design frameworks (Logical frameworks, Theory of Change, or Outcome Mapping);
- Proven computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in the design, analysis, and reporting of quantitative and Qualitative surveys.
- Strong analytical skills (use of analytical software at least one of -SPSS, STATA, EPI INFO, ALTLAS IT, ARC-GIS, NIVIVO)
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English
- Previous experience in the design and delivery of capacity building / trainings in M&E field.
- Experience providing technical assistance in MIS/M&E.
Competencies and other Skills:
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical programs and excel.
- Knowledge and experience with WASH sector guidelines and best practices.
- Knowledge and experience designing or delivering WASH programming
- Knowledge and understanding of local community and social/cultural constraints for effective project design and implementation.
- Capacity building of finance and nonfinance staff.
- Competence in writing high-quality reports, exhibiting detailed and professional attributes.
- Highly proficient in English both spoken and written.
- Oral Communication/Presentation skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in rural environments with little to no infrastructure.
- License to drive a motorcycle and vehicle is preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of base time.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates can submit a cover letter (no more than two pages), explaining how they qualify for the position. A resume (C.V) with details of qualifications and work experience including 3 traceable referees, with their telephone and email contacts; one of them should be your current church leader and a previous employer; attach copies of academic papers- Degrees, relevant professional trainings/certification, and other relevant certificates. The offer of employment is made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks. Applications should be submitted via email to: Rwanda@water.cc and a copy to Prulinda@water.cc Please merge all application credentials/papers in one single word or PDF format document and write your name, followed by the Position applied for in the subject matter line.
ONLY applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.
The closing date for receiving applications is on 8th February 2022 at 5:00 PM.
Note: Hard copies are not accepted.
Done at Kigali, on, 21st January 2022.
Mr. Hastings Banda
Living Water International- Rwanda
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.