Mslexia Women’s Fiction Competition 2021 – Short Story: (Deadline 20 September 2021)
Call for Mslexia Women’s Fiction Competition 2021 – Short Story. This competition is for unpublished complete short fiction of up to 3,000 words, in any genre, for adult and/or young adult readers.
Mslexia Women’s Fiction Competition 2021 – Short Story has the following prizes
- A cheque for £3,000.
- A mentoring session with a specialist literary agent.
- Three additional finalists will each receive £100.
- The winning entry and three finalists will be published in the December 2021 edition of Mslexia.
- The winning entry, three finalists and eight additional shortlisted stories will also appear in Mslexia’s inaugural ebook anthology, Best Women’s Short Fiction 2021, published in December 2021.
- Entries should not have been published or accepted for publication elsewhere, in print or online, by mainstream or an independent publisher.
- Self-published manuscripts entered into the novel competitions are eligible, provided they have not sold more than 500 copies.
- Entries that have received a prize in any other competition are not eligible.
- Entries should not be a translation of another author’s work.
- You do not have to subscribe to Mslexia to be eligible, but you do have to self-identify as a woman.
- The competition will accept entries from women of any age of any nationality from any country. This includes under-18s.
- No entrant may win more than one prize in any one competition. If the judge/s include more than one anonymized entry by the same writer in the winners’ list, the lower-placed entry will be eliminated to allow the maximum number of writers to win prizes.