Newman university 2022 Sanctuary Scholarship( Deadline :June 22, 2022)
Newman university 2022 Sanctuary Scholarship
Newman University has been proud to be one of a growing number of universities to offer a Sanctuary Scholarship as part of the Helena Kennedy Foundation’s Article 26 Project, promoting access to higher education for people who have fled persecution and sought asylum in the UK.
Newman University awards two undergraduate scholarships per year to applicants from a forced migrant background who cannot access finance from Student Finance England because of their Home Office status
Aim and Benefits of Sanctuary Scholarship
Sanctuary Scholars will be provided with:
- A Tuition Fee Waiver: The fee waiver will not usually extend to repeat years of study and is offered until such time as you are awarded status that entitles you to access statutory student support.
- Study and Travel Support: The Sanctuary Scholarship includes an annual bursary of £1200 per year to assist with study and travel expenses. The bursary is not means?tested and is paid in two instalments (one per semester). The bursary will not usually be paid for repeat years of study.
- Personal Support: Support will be developed for each student to enable them to identify and overcome any potential barriers to achievement on their degree course.
- For applicants who do not live within a commutable distance of Newman University, consideration will be given to providing campus accommodation free of charge.
Students should only apply if they are able to support these costs themselves for the full duration of their university course.
Requirements for Sanctuary Scholarship Qualification
Applicants must be:
- An asylum seeker / forced migrant or the partner/dependent of an asylum seeker / forced migrant; OR
- An asylum seeker/partner/dependent who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status. Your temporary status must however cover the duration of your intended period of study.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a full-time undergraduate place to study at Newman University
- Have applied for asylum in the UK before applying to UCAS / directly to Newman University
- Currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of your application
- Unable to access statutory student support because of your asylum or forced migrant status, or a dependent’s status.
Please note: Spouses/civil partners must have been the spouse/civil partner on the date which the asylum application was made. Children/step-children must have been aged under 18 on the date on which the asylum application was made.
How to Apply
Applications for the September 2022 Sanctuary Scholarship will open in January 2022. The application form and guidance notes are available as attachments at the end of this web page and the closing date is midday, 22nd July 2022.
Before you can apply for the Sanctuary Scholarship, you must have made an application for and received an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional) on a 3 year, full-time undergraduate degree programme (or a 4 year programme which commences with a Foundation Year) at Newman University. If you need advice about any of our courses, entry criteria or how to make an application via UCAS or directly to Newman University, you can find more information at our Study at Newman webpages.
Following initial assessment, the University will contact you to let you know whether or not your application will progress to the next stage of the selection process.
If your application is taken forward, you will be invited to an interview to verify the information you have provided in your application.
If you are successful in being offered the Scholarship, you will be informed within five working days of your interview
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.