2021 Green Talent Competition in Germany – Fully Funded:(Deadline 19 May 2021)
Applications are open for the 2021 Green Talent Competition in Germany – Fully Funded. The deadline for the application is 19th May 2021.
Every year, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas within the field of sustainability. The award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek, honors young researchers from numerous countries and scientific disciplines each year for their achievements and efforts to make their communities, countries, and societies more sustainable. Selected by a jury of German experts, the award winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
Benefits of 2021 Green Talent Competition
The prestigious Green Talents program offers you the unique opportunity to become part of an exceptional worldwide network of outstanding young minds and leading German institutions.
The Green Talents Award 2021 includes:
- Invitation to a multi-day Virtual Science Forum in October 2021:
- “Science Sessions” with leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies, which will virtually provide exclusive insights into their leading-edge research and projects,
- Virtual appointments with German experts of your choice to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- A wide range of workshops dedicated to the SDGs and advancing your scientific career,
- Networking opportunities with other Green Talents, participating Green Talents alumni and researchers,
- Formal Virtual Award Ceremony with your fellow Green Talents and special guests
- A fully funded on-site research stay of up to three months at an institution of your choice in Germany
- Exclusive access to the distinguished Green Talents alumni network.
You will have the opportunity to come to Germany for up to three months to conduct a research stay at an institute of your choice the year after the Virtual Science Forum. Learn more about how the Green Talents story continues for the awardees when they return to Germany for their research stays.
The research stay will be fully financed by the BMBF.
Applicants must meet the following mandatory requirements:
- Enrolment in a master’s or PhD programme or a degree (master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research
- No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- Proven excellent command of English
- Significantly above-average grades
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary)
No exceptions to these requirements can be accepted. Ineligible applications will automatically be disqualified.
The Green Talents Competition focuses on outstanding young scientists, who are active in the field of sustainable development and are willing to collaborate with German experts and to contribute to sustainability research in Germany. The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) fosters interdisciplinary approaches in this regard. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) form the framework for this year’s competition and applicants must indicate, which SDGs their research is contributing to. Applicants can, therefore, come from any scientific field closely related to sustainability research.