Albert Einstein Scholarships Program 2022: (Deadline 15 May 2021)
Applications call for Albert Einstein Scholarships Program 2022.
With the scholarship, the Einstein Forum and the Daimler and Benz Foundation want to offer outstanding young scientists from Germany and abroad the opportunity to carry out a research project that is outside of their previous work. The aim is to support those young universalists who – like Albert Einstein – are not only characterized by their exceptional achievements in a specific scientific field, but also by their interdisciplinary commitment. The Albert Einstein Scholarship supports creative; interdisciplinary thinking by giving outstanding young researchers the opportunity to realize a project that is outside of their previous academic work.
The Albert Einstein Scholarships holder receives a grant of EUR 10,000 as well as the travel expenses incurred.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be eligible for Albert Einstein Scholarships
- Applicants should be under 35 years of age; and have a qualified university degree in a humanities, social, or natural science subject.
- The applications for the year 2022 should contain a résumé and an exposé of the project planned as part of the scholarship (both in English) as well as two scientific references and should be submitted by May 15, 2021.
- The scholarship holders are expected to adequately document the scientific work carried out during the months in Caputh.
- Documentation includes giving a public lecture in the Einstein Forum and in the Daimler and Benz Foundation.
- However, the scholarship expressly does not serve to complete a work that has already started; such as a dissertation or habilitation thesis.
The evaluation of the applications takes place according to the quality, originality, and feasibility of the project proposals as well as according to the scientific background of the applicant. Moreover, it does not matter here whether a doctorate has already been started or completed. Also, the proposed project does not have to be completedwithin the given timeframe; but can serve as a starting point for a new, longer project.Announcement (PDF)