Bayer Digital Campus Challenge 2020: (Deadline 25 October 2020)
Applications call for Bayer Digital Campus Challenge 2020
Candidates will be able to sell your idea to Bayer or to develop it in collaboration with Bayer’s team. Regardless of whether your studies are focused on Economics, IT, engineering, medical informatics, bioinformatics, or any IT-focused background, or even Humanities – your ideas matter. By believing that everything is possible, you can give free rein to your creativity and innovative ideas while working in teams of 2-5 students.
The benefits of Bayer Digital Campus Challenge 2020 are as follows
- Win a Trip: Present the most convincing pitch during the gallery walk and win a trip to a city with B among Bayer’s Life-Hub in spring 2021: Boston, Barcelona, or Berlin.
- Professional Marketing: A mentor will be assigned to each selected team. All mentors have experienced Bayer employees who will clarify technical questions, act as sparring partners to bounce ideas off, and prepare you and your team for the final pitch.
- Get to Know a Bayer: Generating disruptive and groundbreaking ideas and networking with peers and experienced partners – you will get to know people working at Bayer and gain experience working with Bayer.
The project may fit into one of the following categories:
- Machine & Deep Learning
- Data Science
- Cloud Computing & IT Security
- Digital Therapeutics
Application Stage (March – October 25th)
- Showcase your project using 10 slides or less.
- Present your initial observations, introduce and detail the key points in your project and illustrate how it can resolve the issue at hand.
- Give free rein to your ideas and upload a file/document outlining your project idea to your profile.
- The best projects will make it through to the mentoring phase.
Vote (October 27th – November 6th)
Online vote by Bayer’s experts. The jury will vote the projects according to the following criteria:
- Innovation potential
- Customer focus
- Economic Impact
- Presentation quality
The best projects will enter the second stage of this challenge.
Mentoring Stage (November 9th – December 1st)
The best team per subject will get the chance to receive mentorship by Bayer experts who will provide the teams with the best tools to drive forward their project.
Final Event (December 2nd)
The four finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their innovative ideas to a large and interested audience of Bayer employees. On the same day, Bayer will crown one team and awards amazing prizes.
The Challenge is open to students of Universities from all over the world. Any person of legal age currently enrolled in higher education or anyone who has graduated from an institution of higher education within the last year can apply for Bayer Digital Campus Challenge 2020.