Cafe Writers Open Poetry Competition 2020: (Deadline 30 November 2020)
Cafe Writers calls applications for Open Poetry Competition 2020. The Prize is open to anyone other than Café Writers committee members. Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been published, self-published, published on any website or broadcast and the can’t entries cannot be returned.
Prizes of Cafe Writers Open Poetry Competition
- 1st Prize: £1000
- 2nd Prize £300
- 3rd Prize £200
- Five Commended Prizes of £50
- Norfolk Prize £100: For the best poem from a permanent Norfolk resident not winning another prize
- Closing date for receipt of entries: 30th November 2020
- Maximum of 40 lines (excluding title) on one side of A4.
- The Prize is open to anyone other than Café Writers committee members.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been published, self-published, published on any website or broadcast.
- Entries cannot be returned and must be in English.
- No corrections can be made after receipt, nor fees refunded.
- Entries must show no name, address or identifying marks other than the title.
- Worldwide copyright of each entry remains with the author, but Café Writers will have the unrestricted right to publish the winning poems on its website and in press releases publicizing the competition.
- The Norfolk Prize is awarded to a permanent Norfolk resident, for a poem not winning another prize.
- The judge’s decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into.
Download an entry form WITH POSTAL ADDRESS here as a PDF
- Save your poems in A SINGLE Word document or PDF, allowing only ONE POEM PER PAGE, and add as an attachment to a covering email which will include your name, address, email address and titles of your poems.
- Do not include name, address or identifying marks (other than the poem’s title) to the attachment containing your poems.
- As the subject heading to your email, write your name and the title of the first poem in your attachment.
- Furthermore, send to: [email protected] (please cut and paste this address to limit the amount of SPAM we receive)