Call for 2021 lsu Elihle Awards: (Deadline 30 April 2021)
Media Monitoring Africa (MMA) is excited to officially open the applications for the 2021 lsu Elihle Awards. Journalists within the African continent are invited to apply for these Awards which open today (01 April 2021) and close on the 30th of April 2021. MMA is also proud to announce its partnership with UNICEF for this years awards. This partnership will surely help us enhance and enrich the awards to better heights.
“Isu Elihle” is an isiZulu phrase and could be translated into English as a beautiful, great or simply a neat solution. The Isu Elihle Awards were launched in 2016 by MMA with the support of Save the Children International, the Swedish International Development Agency and Media Network on Child Rights Development (MNCRD) based in Zambia.
The awards seek to contribute to a change in attitudes and behaviors of opinion and decision-makers and citizens across the country and continent from the premise that the media frames debates in society and carries enormous influence and, therefore, ability to drive positive change. This year marks five years since these Awards were launched.
- Overall winner: R25 000
- First runner up: R15 000
- Second runner up: R10 000
- Mandy Rossouw Category: Between R10 000 and R25 000
- lsu Elihle Awards are open to professional journalists, whether directly employed or freelancers, working in the continent of Africa.
- The lsu Elihle Awards will be held in English. Therefore all entries and story ideas should be in English.
- Applicants are strictly limited to a maximum of one entry; however, each media house can have as many applicants as it wishes.
- Employees and the immediate families of Media Monitoring Africa (MMA) are not eligible for participate in the competition.
For more details, terms and conditions as well as the Application Form visit the Isu Elihle Award’s website www.isuelihle.org