Call for Applications for Organizational Development Grants (Kosovo): (Deadline 25 January 2021)
Engagement for Joint Action (EJA Kosovo), a KCSF program, is inviting eligible applicants for its Organizational Development Grants to support NGOs who are well-established, have a clear vision and systematically work to implement their strategy and NGOs who are not yet at that level, but have clear direction of their development, including programmatic goals and groups of citizens that they represent or target with their work.
(Ad) What tools do you need to raise funds for your organization?
By providing long-term and tailored organizational development support the targeted organizations will make use of specific funds dedicated to advance their organization rather than specific projects. Specifically, these grants aim to support the capacity building of the staff, development and implementation of internal tools and systems, development of internal policies and documents, use of software and equipment or specific methodologies and approaches.
Engagement for Joint Action (EJA Kosovo) is a KCSF program that supports civil society initiatives through grants and capacity building with the overall aim to contribute to a democratic and inclusive society in Kosovo, on its path towards integration into the European Union.
(Ad) How can I search grant information of my interest?
- Higher participation of women and other marginalized groups in budgetary planning;
- Improving socio – economic and cultural rights of marginalized groups;
- Strengthening advocacy and watchdog role of civil society with a special emphasis on the rights and needs of marginalized groups;
- Empowering youth to participate in policy making and implementation.
- Civic education for human rights
- Organizations will be eligible to apply for funding for a period of maximum 24 months.
- The maximum budget requested for funding for a grant from this call is EUR 15,000.
- In order to be eligible for application, applicants need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Be a domestic non-governmental organization registered according to the applicable law in Kosovo (branches of foreign and international NGOs registered in Kosovo are not eligible to apply);
- Be directly responsible for the management of the grant;
- Demonstrate capacity for the management of the proposed grant;
- Is not led or managed by Politically Exposed Persons.
- For Non-Governmental Organizations:
- In cases where applicants are NGOs, they shall demonstrate that their engagement is within the area of democratization and eligible program areas. Despite their legal status, not all of NGOs are included in the above eligibility criteria.
- Due to the wide scope of the applicable legislation in Kosovo for registration of NGOs, sports clubs, sports federations, amateur cultural associations or religious organizations that are registered as NGOs are not targeted for KCSF grants.
- Similarly, NGOs that represent businesses or similar entities which have obvious financial capacities to cover the costs of their organization or sustain their activities are not targeted for KCSF grants.