International Innovation Award for Sustainable Food and Agriculture: (Deadline 19 March 2021)
Applications are open for FAO International Innovation Award for Sustainable Food and Agriculture. The award is open to individuals, private companies, or institutions and comprises two categories:
- Category A awards excellence in digitization and innovation for sustainable food systems (USD 30 000)
- Category B recognizes an innovation that empowers youth in sustainable food systems (USD 30 000).
International Innovation Award for Sustainable Food and Agriculture has the following prizes
- A scroll describing the achievements of the recipient and/or an award.
- A cash prize of USD 30 000 for excellence in digitization and innovation for sustainable food systems.
- A cash prize of USD 30 000 for an innovation that empowers youth in agriculture and food systems.
- Individuals, private companies and institutions responsible for an innovation that has demonstrated particular efficiency and used novel tools, products or services to enhance and promote sustainable food and agriculture.
- Both categories of the award consider innovations that have been successfully implemented and validated.
- The Award is conferred for innovations implemented during the biennium preceding the current one. In line with the requirements and technical competencies of the Federal Office of Agriculture of Switzerland, all innovations must apply to agriculture and pastoral systems only.
- Application forms that are incomplete, do not comply with the terms and conditions specified, or are submitted beyond the deadline, according to the instructions provided, will not be considered.
No applicants under the age of 18 will be considered for the Award.
All applications will be judged according to
- Quality and merit of the innovation
- Potential benefit, impact and sustainability
- Value for money