Lagos Urban Innovation Challenge Fund 2020: (Deadline Ongoing)
Applications call for Lagos Urban Innovation Challenge 2020
The Lagos Urban Innovation Challenge is designed to support the innovators and entrepreneurs who are shaping the Lagos of tomorrow. These challenges present significant opportunities for entrepreneurs who leverage innovative approaches to build solutions that solve critical issues that impact residents within the city.
- Expanded Profile: The Challenge is a great opportunity to build your network, gain access to key decision-makers and be recognized by the media.
- New Growth: The Challenge can open doors for strategic partnerships to scale your solutions more broadly.
- Inspiring Mission: The Challenge is an opportunity to solve critical urban challenges for others in your city.
Who can participate?
- Urban Focus: The urban solution or startup must operate in or focus on Lagos. The proposed urban solution could make the city better for the many, not just a few.
- Stage and Team: Candidates must be an early-stage startup/team with at least a minimum viable product. There is a preference for teams with a gender mix.
- Solution: Candidates must be able to demonstrate a clear business model.
Up to 12 semifinalists will
- Receive $10,000 in AWS Activate Credits valid for 2 years
Up to 6 finalists will:
- Participate in Utopia’s virtual urban accelerator program.
- Receive curated access to equity funding opportunities.
- Receive curated access to relevant Lagos State government agencies.
- Be eligible for workspace vouchers from Lagos Innovates.
- Access to Utopia’s global network of experts and partners.
- Get 6 months priority access to Utopia Lagos CITYLAB space at launch.
- Get access to Utopia Studio in Silicon Valley.
- Critical: Does this solution address a critical problem in Lagos?
- Original: Is the urban solution innovative within the city?
- Scalable: Can this solution impact one million people in Lagos?
- Viable: Can this solution be implemented in Lagos?
- Team Capacity: Has the team demonstrated the capacity to build and scale the urban solution?