PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction 2021: (Deadline 31 October 2020)
Applications call for PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction 2021
The award was founded by members of the international writers’ organization PEN and is now governed by an independent foundation board. The budget for the award and its administration is funded by gifts and grants. We are always grateful for the support of the award and of other PEN/Faulkner programs. This year’s judges are getting ready to read the novels, novellas, and collections of short stories and to choose next year’s winners and finalists.
The submission guidelines for the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction are as follows:
- Books must be published in 2020.
- The authors must be living with American permanent residents.
- Books must be published by a commercial, academic, or small press. No self-published books are accepted.
- There are no submission fees or application forms.
- Advanced reading copies or proofs are eligible for submission for books that will be published in November or December of 2020.
- All submissions must be received by October 31, 2020.
Please send an easy to read PDF of each book to the following email address for forwarding to the judges. You are invited to send as many books as you like, and you are encouraged to send available books as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction, please send them to Shahenda Helmy, our Programs & Logistics Director, at [email protected]