SumItUp Competition 2021 for Young Climate Champions & Creatives (Win trip to Milan): (Deadline 31 March 2021)
Applications are open for the SumItUp Competition 2021. The SumItUp competition invites you to use your authentic voice to present a one minute video reflection or unleash your creativity to present a unique visual infographic of what happened in one of the #Youth4ClimateLive Series episodes.
Each sum-up should communicate key takeaways from the episode of your choosing rather than a general summary. The #Youth4ClimateLive Series has a total of 9 episodes. Each episode looks at climate action through a different angle, whether it be nature-based solutions or youth action, and as such, each episode will have unique key takeaways! All you have to do is pick an episode that resonates with you and… #SUMITUP!
- The top three submissions will have their creative sum-up presented at the Youth4Climate: Driving Ambition Pre-COP event in Milan 2021. They will receive full credit and recognition for their work.
- Of the three finalists, one winner will be selected to win a trip (including travel and accommodation) to Milan to present their creative sum-up in person at Youth4Climate: Driving Ambition in Milan from September 28 to 30, 2021. Please note, if the winner is below the age of 18, the winner will receive travel and accommodation for themselves and their guardian.
- Finalists’ work will be used as a learning tool to be included in Youth4ClimateLive website and shared with all the participants of Pre-COP26.
- Finalists’ work will be promoted on social media by the office of the UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth, Connect4Climate – World Bank Group, and the Italian Ministry for Environment, Land and Sea.
- Youth between the ages of 15 and 29 are eligible to apply. If a participant is 17 years of age or younger, their legal guardian must be aware of their participation and submission.
- Entry may either be a video summary on the key takeaways from one of the #Youth4ClimateLive episodes, or a visual infographic on the key takeaways from one of the #Youth4ClimateLive episodes.
- If making infographics, photos, or other digital art, submit each page (if more than one) of your content as a high resolution file (at least 2048 by 2048 pixels) saved as a .jpeg or .png
- Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes with the following tech specs:
- Frame rate: 23.98, 25, or 29.97
- HD Resolution: 1920×1080 (horizontal) or 1080×1920 (vertical) or 1080×1080 (square)
- Preferred file types: .mov, .mp4
- Language of text should be English
- File name should be your name! If you have more than one image, please number them (ie. JaneGoodall1, JaneGoodall2, JaneGoodall3)
- Register and attend the monthly #Youth4ClimateLive virtual events (or watch online at Youth4Climate.Live).
- Create a #SumItUp visual representation or video message that captures the essence, ideas, and outcomes of one of the #Youth4ClimateLive Series episodes of your choosing.
Participants will submit their entries in two steps:
After you submit your entry on Reach Not Preach, it will be displayed on the platform for the #Youth4ClimateLive audience to vote for their favorite #SumItUp! Your peers will be asked to consider your creativity, originality, accessibility, and how well you summarize key takeaways from the Y4C series.