UPG Sustainability Leadership Program 2021: (Deadline 30 November 2020)
Applications call for UPG Sustainability Leadership Program 2021. UPG Sustainability Leadership mobilizes people and organizations to support positive citizen leadership on sustainability. It brings together people who are committed to impacting by taking positive actions.
Every individual and organization can play a positive role.
The goal of this training is to increase the capacity of UPG Sustainability Leaders to lead at least one project of their own choosing in their community. In addition, upon the conclusion of these trainings, UPG Sustainability Leaders conduct a secondary wave of mini-training sessions within their communities; contributing to a ground swell of informed citizens taking positive action and demonstrating sustainability leadership.
For 2021 UPG is training and certifying 500 young leaders from all over the world and flying 60 of them to a FREE, complementary, and immersive 1-week experience on an island in the USA: the Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership. If this could be you or someone that you know, then take action and apply now or share this link. UPG Sustainability Leadership is FREE for young people thanks to the wonderful support of our Partners who believe in positive citizen leadership on sustainability.
- UPG Sustainability Leadership Program will cover the costs of the program for participants including Training material, accommodation, subsistence, local transportation, international flights (a round trip flight from participant’s hometown to the US).
- The program will bestow online training to all 500 participating candidates. IN addition to that, participants will get a certification as UPG Sustainability Leaders after completion of the course.
- Participants are responsible for their own visas and all the expenses of the visas. UPG will provide visa application letters to support the visa application if necessary.
- Candidates must be 18-35 years of age.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, capable of overcoming major challenges, and able to think outside the box.
- Applicants from all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Candidates from all genders and candidates with disabilities encouraged.
UPG considers four factors while evaluating applications
- Applicant’s profile – this helps them to strive for diversity
- Motivation – they select the most motivated
- The potential for Impact