Werner Droescher Prize in New Zealand 2020: (Deadline Ongoing)
Apply for the Werner Droescher Prize at the University of Auckland 2020. The deadline for the application is ongoing. The scholarship is for Bachelors, Masters in the field of Linguistics.
- The University will award the Prize each year to the student who, in the opinion of the examiners, has shown the greatest distinction in German linguistics at any level.
- Also, undergraduate or postgraduate study in German
- Additionally, as a minimum standard, the student must have a GPA of 7.00 (equivalent to an A- average).
Value of Scholarship
- The value of the Werner Droescher Prize in German Linguistics at the University of Auckland 2020 will be NZD 500.
- Likewise, the University will normally expend the Prize will in the purchase of works of, or about, German studies, particularly German language and linguistics.
Furthermore, the University of Auckland Council gives the Prize on the recommendation of the Deputy Head (Academic) of the School of Cultures, Languages, and Linguistics. In the event of a tie, the student at the highest level of study will receive the award.
The University of Auckland is the largest university in New Zealand, located in the country’s largest city, Auckland. It is the highest-ranked university in the country, being ranked 81st worldwide in the 2016/17 QS World University Rankings. Established in 1883 as a constituent college of the University of New Zealand, the university has eight faculties over six campuses. It has a headcount of more than 40,000 students, and more than 30,000 equivalent full-time students.