World NTD Storytelling Competition 2021 (up to USD $2,500): (Deadline 17 January 2021)
Calling young artists and communicators worldwide to apply for the World NTD Storytelling Competition 2021! Tell the world why fighting Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) matters, or how your country/region is ending the neglect. Send your multimedia stories of resilience and progress against neglected tropical diseases in your country or region to win cash prizes of up to USD 2,500!
Entries can be personal stories; explaining to someone who has never heard about these diseases what neglected tropical diseases are, why people should care about neglected tropical diseases; why you believe that countries and the global community need to take action to end neglected tropical diseases. The idea is to be compelling and to inspire action! All entries should be framed as a global rallying cry to beat NTDs!
There is no strict limitation on the form and content of entries, simply put together the most creative and compelling story you can – in English, or with English subtitles/translation included:
- Video – entries of up to five minutes length can take the form of vlogs, interviews, mini-documentaries or short movies etc.
- Audio – entries in this category should be up to five minutes in length, and can be pieces of music, interviews, poetry, narrative or speech etc.
- Digital – entries should be a single artistic or infographic image– drawings, animation, comic book, photos, posters, collages etc.
- Text – written entries of maximum 1,500 words in prose, poetry or reporting etc.
There are three winning prizes available in each category:
- 1st prize: $2,500
- 2nd prize: $1,500
- 3rd prize: $1,000
- Alongside the twelve (12) winners, seven (7) other finalists in each category will receive certificates of recognition and a place in featured compilations.
- Open to individuals or teams worldwide, all aged between 15 and 30 years old (inclusive) as of January 1, 2021.
- Each individual or team entrant may submit a single entry under each category – contestants cannot enter both as an individual and as part of a team.
Upload your files to the provided link, including your category and name in the file name, and fill out your contact details on the online submission form, listing your contact details and file name.