Chinese Government Scholarship- Chinese University Program” Tianjin University 2020 ( Full funded ) : ( Deadline : 15 March 2020 )
Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education, P.R.C to support designated Chinese universities to enroll outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Tianjin University (TJU), as a first class university in China, has been designated to undertake this program for over ten years since 2008.
- I. When and Where to Apply
Applicants should complete an Online Application on our website（tju.at0086.cn/student）according to the application schedule. Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System. Students who have passed our school’s application for admission and have been nominated for the Chinese Government Scholarship- Chinese University Program need to log into the system of China Scholarship Council at http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/ within the specified time to submit the scholarship application(The Agency Number for Tianjin University is 10056;Choose Program Category Type B).
1st Round: Oct 25, 2019-Dec 25, 2019
2nd Round: Jan 15, 2020-Mar 15, 2020
- Supporting Categories and Scholarship Duration
|Program||Specialty Duration||Chinese Learning Duration||Scholarship Duration|
|Master（taught in Chinese）||2.5-3 years||1 year||2.5 -4 years|
|Master（taught in English）||2-3 years||–||2-3 years|
|Phd||3.5-4 years||1 year||3.5-5 years|
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- Requirements for applicants’ degree and age:
Applicant applying for a Master degree should hold a Bachelor diploma and be under the age of 35 ;
Applicant applying for a PhD degree should hold a Master diploma and be under the age of 40.
- Language Proficiency requirements:
Chinese-taught programs applicants need to submit HSK certificates. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 195 or above) for Engineering/Science; HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for business and liberal arts is needed.
English-taught programs applicants need to submit English proficiency certificate (English native speakers are exempted). TOEFL: no less than 80, IELTS: no less than 6.0. （English native speakers are exempted）
- Applicants should have good conduct, good physical and mental health, and be willing to abide by the laws and regulations of China and Tianjin University.
- Scholarship Coverage
- Tuition waiver and accommodation on campus;
- Monthly Living Allowance:
3,000 RMB/month for Master students;
3,500 RMB/month for PhD students;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
- Program Catalogue
For programs covered by this scholarship, please click;
- Application Materials
Please upload all the listed documents below to the application system:
- Scan of notarized highest diploma.(Scan of pre-graduation certificate is required if the applicants have not gained certificate. Please present the original highest diploma and notarized copy of highest diploma before registration).
- Scan of notarized copy of the academic transcripts.
- Photocopy of passport.
- Applicant applying for programs taught in Chinese needs to submitHSK certificate. Applicants whose mother tongue is Chinese or whose instruction language is Chinese during the highest educational level can be exempted from HSK certificate.
Applicant applying for programs taught in English needs to submit English proficiency certificate.
- Applicants who are not in China at present must submitscan of Certificate of Non-Criminal Recordsor students conduct certificate.
- Applicants who are now in China must submit scan of Photocopy of Visaand Transfer Certificatefrom present school.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form(The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please select the appropriate time to have medical examination as the result is valid only for 6 months).
- Applicants used to be Chinese citizens but later immigrated to other countries who have meet the conditions set bythe Document No.83 (2009) of Ministry of Education of the PRCshould submit citizenship certificate and 4-year visa record.
- A Study or Research Plan
All applicants must submit a study or research plan for the study in China, with no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.
- Two Recommendation Letters
Applicant applying for a Master degree needs to provide two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in Chinese or English;
Applicant applying for a PhD degree needs to provide two recommendation letters by professors in Chinese or English.
Applicant should contact the TJU professors to finish the acceptance form（Strongly recommended）, please click here to get contacts of professors;
（If you cannot get an acceptance on your own, admission office of TJU will deliver application materials to the college to find a supervisor for you.）
- Self-introduction Video
Applicant needs to submit a 5-minute self-introduction video in Chinese or English.
Applicants are required to submit scanned images of all required documents at the time of application. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations are to be submitted together to the application system.
Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
TJU has the right to request the applicants to provide the original or notarized hard copies of application documents for further qualification checks if the uploaded documents are not sufficient. Applicants shall guarantee all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate, otherwise they will be disqualified from admission.
VII. Admission Procedures
1st Round: Oct 25, 2019-Dec 25, 2019
2nd Round: Jan 15, 2020-Mar 15, 2020
- TJU Review and interview: March 16 to June 1, 2020;
Date and form of interview will be notified through the email of TJU online system. Please check your email day by day. Applicants who fail to attend the interview are deemed to give up the application.
- China Scholarship Council Review: Tianjin University will deliver materials of applicants who pass the TJU review to CSC and wait for the final admission results, normally from June 1 to June 30 (the exact date is decided by CSC each year);
- Result Release: Tianjin University will announce the admission result officially on website, and post Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to scholarship winners from July 1 to July 31;
- Registration: from the end of August to the early September, 2020.
International Admissions Office, School of International Education, Tianjin University Address: Room 216 South, Building No.10, 92 Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, China
Zip code: 300072
E-mail: [email protected]
For more information，please follow our WeChat.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Master Recommendation Letter
- PhD Recommendation Letter
- Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by TJU Professor