2020 Global Fellowship Program offered by The Jacobs Foundation to Promote Research on Child and Youth Development . Deadline : March 16, 2020
The Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program is a globally competitive fellowship program for early career researchers aiming at improving the development and living conditions of children and youth or contributing to one of the Jacobs Foundation’s thematic priorities. This includes, but is not limited to educational sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, family studies, media studies, political sciences, linguistics, neurosciences, and medical sciences.
Fellowships are awarded to the most highly talented and innovative early career scholars. Funds from Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships are awarded directly to the fellow’s institution and may be used over a three-year period by the fellow to partially cover the fellow’s salary and for any activity supporting the fellow’s research, such as assistant salaries, equipment, technical assistance, professional travel, or trainee support.
Scholars who engage in interdisciplinary work on individual development and learning of children and youth, and who seek to combine multiple levels of analysis, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Besides providing fellows with independent and competitive funding, the program offers a wide range of non-financial benefits. Fellows are encouraged to interact with each other and organize in regional and/or topical groups, retreats and workshops. Networking and alumni events will enrich the fellowships.
|Target Group|| Highly talented early career researchers.
The ideal candidate has received his/her PhD or equivalent degree within the past 10 years.
|Funding amount||CHF 150’000|
|Funding period||3 years|
|Number of fellowships per year||Up to 12|
|Use of funds to cover the fellow’s salary||Up to 50% of the grant amount|
|Funding of overhead / indirect costs||Up to 10% of the total amount of funding (i.e. CHF 15’000) in addition to the basic grant|
|Additional funding||Fellows may apply for additional funding at the end of the fellowship to conduct further projects with a focus on evidence to action and scientific capacity building.|
Please note that the Jacobs Foundation is no longer offering an Advanced Research Fellowship.
The ideal candidate
- has obtained his/her PhD or equivalent degree within the past 10 years;
- is employed at an institution of higher education or research institute;
- is conducting high-quality research in an area of interest to the Jacobs Foundation;
- is committed to engaging with the Jacobs Foundation and the Fellowship Network and contributing to the Foundation’s activities.
The following selection criteria are weighted equally:
- Past research accomplishments and publication record
- Creativity and potential for serving as a leader in the scientific community
- Scientific quality of methods and data
- International relevance of the fellow’s planned work
- Potential for promoting human development and learning
- Alignment of planned projects with the goals of the Jacobs Foundation
- Willingness to support the Foundation’s aims and to engage with us
The deadline for applications is March 16, 2020.