AAUW Selected Professions Fellowships 2020/21: (Deadline 1 December 2020)
Applications call for AAUW Selected Professions Fellowships 2020/21. The Selected Professions Fellowship Panel meets once a year to review applications for funding. Awards are based on the selection criteria outlined in this document. Recommendations by the panel are subject to final approval by the AAUW Board of Directors. Grants are awarded on a competitive basis according to funds available in a given fiscal year.
To ensure a fair review process, AAUW does not comment on the deliberations of the awards panels. Thus, AAUW is unable to provide written or oral evaluations of applications. No provisions exist for the reconsideration of grant proposals after the board has acted upon the panel recommendations.
Selected Professions Fellowships are awarded for the following master’s programs:
- Computer/information sciences.
The fellowship awards $5,000 to $18,000, In addition to that, funds are available for the following purposes
- Educational expenses
- Living expenses
- Dependent child care
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10% of the fellowship
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be eligible for AAUW Selected Professions Fellowships 2020/21
- Basically, AAUW awards Selected Professions Fellowships are open to individuals who identify as women who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States who have achieved high standards of academic excellence and show promise of distinction in their respective fields.
- Priority is given to women who do not already hold a master’s or first professional degree.
- Applicants must be full-time students at an accredited U.S. institution during the fellowship year and should be pursuing a course of study in the United States over the full academic year.
- Women who do not already hold a master’s or first professional degree preferred.
- Furthermore, Selected Professions Fellowships are not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants).