ax Law and Policy Fellowship at New York University: (Deadline 31 March 2021)
Applications are open for Tax Law and Policy Fellowship at New York University. The Tax Law Center at the New York University School of Law is seeking one or more full-time Tax Law and Policy Fellows to assist the Executive Director and other senior staff with cross-cutting research, writing, and project management.
The fellow will be a recent law school graduate with a strong interest in advancing justice through the tax code and gaining experience working with academics and policymakers to solve difficult legislative and regulatory problems. This is a two-year fellowship.
The candidate on Tax Law and Policy Fellowship will be responsible for a wide range of activities including:
- Researching and drafting comments on proposed administrative action, legal briefs, legislative language, and policy memos, with guidance from senior members of staff.
- Tracking important legislative and regulatory activities and key court cases.
- Building productive working relationships with outside experts and policymaking staff.
- A JD degree with coursework in taxation
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A high degree of organization and attention to detail
- A commitment to advancing the Center’s goals
The salary range will be between $75,000 and $85,000 per year depending on prior relevant experience. The fellow will be an employee of New York University, with access to an excellent, comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off and retirement contributions.
New York University (NYU) was rated the maximum five QS stars, achieving full marks in the categories research, innovation, facilities, and specialist criteria. Ranked 46th in the QS World University Rankings® 2016-2017; NYU is one of the best universities in the world, and its graduates are favored by a recruiter.