Fellowship at the University of North Florida: (Deadline 30 November 2020)
The University of North Florida College of Education and Human Services calls application for Postdoctoral Fellowship. The fellows will work the PI on a three-year grant. The post-doctoral fellow will serve as a co-facilitator with the PI of the Collaborative Inquiry Segment. This position is for a seasoned classroom teacher and recently minted doctorate who possesses expertise in job-embedded teacher professional learning including inquiry, PLCs, coaching, and supervision.
The post-doc on this Fellowship at the University of North Florida will undertake the following roles
- Facilitate the conceptualization, construction, and implementation of the Collaborative Inquiry Segment of Project InTERSECT, overseeing the badge, professional development modules, and graduate course development, along with the coaching materials included in the Teacher’s STEM+C Toy Kit Development.
- Share teaching responsibilities of the Graduate Certificate Course focused on the
- Collaborative Inquiry Component to the 3 teacher leader cohorts with the PI.
Collaborate with other co- PIs, key faculty, tech support team, and the graduate assistants to build intersections connecting the 4 program segments’ content.
- Collaborate with the evaluation team to develop, test, and refine classroom observation tools and rubrics and contribute to the development and evaluation of the PK-2 STEM+C Digital
- Commons which is the repository for providing public access to high-quality lesson exemplars.
- Disseminate project results through peer-reviewed publications and presentations.
The academic and departmental requirements of the position are as follows
- Terminal degree in the areas of Teacher Education or Curriculum and Instruction.
- Expertise in designing online learning.
- Knowledge of inquiry.
- Interest in STEM and PK-2 learning.
- Approaches new areas of learning with an inquiry stance.
The University of North Florida (UNF) is a public university in Jacksonville, Florida. It is part of the State University System of Florida; and is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. UNF has five colleges which offer 53 undergraduate degree programs, 28 graduate degree programs, and 7 doctoral degree programs, with noted business, coastal biology, nursing, nutrition, and music programs