Fellowship in Colby College in the United States: (Deadline 30 November 2020)
Colby College Museum of Art calls application for Mirken Family Postbaccalaureate Fellowship in Museum Practice. The Mirken Family Postbaccalaureate Fellowship in Museum Practice at the Colby College Museum of Art will support a one-year appointment to the Museum, with the possibility of a renewable second year.
The position offers broad exposure to work across all areas of the Museum, with particular emphasis on communications, exhibitions and publications, and collections. The Mirken Fellow reports to the Communications Manager and the Manager of Exhibitions and Publications and works with all departments including communications, administration, advancement, collections, curatorial, and engagement.
Candidates on Fellowship in Colby College in the United States will do the following duties
- Assist communications manager in executing the Museum’s digital marketing, including website and web content, e-newsletters, digital and print publicity, and social media.
- Update and maintain the centralized photography archive of Museum images; maintain digital and print archives of Museum advertising, collaterals, and earned media.
- Research and facilitate artwork image rights and reproduction requests.
- Assist with distribution of marketing assets, including approved copy and high-res images, to approved parties.
- Working with the Department of Art faculty leads, prepare and schedule travel and logistics of Department of Art annual Mirken field trip for student professional development in the museum field.
- Assist manager of exhibitions and publications with logistics for exhibition installations.
- Provide support for internal exhibitions website, including content management and updates.
- Assist with exhibition catalog proposals, correspondence with publishers, designers and editors, and production and distribution of publication projects.
- With communications manager and manager of registration and collections, monitor photography and videography in Museum galleries to ensure the safety and integrity of the objects on view.
- Assist as needed with museum collection research and inquiries and other related collection team initiatives.
- Help with the scheduling of contractors (audio-visual engineers, photographers, graphic designers, etc.) as needed.
- Attend and support Museum special projects and events, including occasional night and weekend events as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned; duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants on Fellowship in Museum Practice at Colby College must have the following qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Relevant coursework in Art/Art History preferred.
- Highly organized, flexible, and comfortable with diverse audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong ability to effectively collaborate with professional staff, students, and faculty.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and/or InDesign) and WordPress preferred.
- Familiarity with the collections databases, such as TMS or Embark, preferred.
- Ability to make an impact through work as a member of a team and a diverse community.
Colby College is a private liberal arts college in Waterville, Maine. Approximately 1,800 students from more than 60 countries are enrolled annually. The college offers 54 major fields of study and 30 minors.