Fully Funded Innovation Fellowships in USA at Brown University;
Applications have opened for the Fully-Funded Innovation Fellowships at Brown University. The name of the fellowship is Brown University Swearer Center’s Social Innovation Fellowship. Interested candidates can apply for the program until 1st March 2020.
- The Social Innovation Fellowship provides meaningful community engagement and social innovation experiences for students.
- Additionally, focusing on local partnerships and social impacts through the lens of innovation, this two-year developmental program offers students the opportunity to explore modes of social innovation and the tools required for starting successful ventures or for making transformational changes within existing organizations.
- Also, students’ work enhances the ability of nonprofit community organizations to use student talent effectively helping build organizational capacity while exploring ideas within the local social innovation ecosystem.
Structure of Fellowship
- It is led in partnership with the award-winning Social Enterprise Greenhouse.
- The Social Innovation Fellowship is a two-year developmental program that places the community at the center with SEG staff providing fellows with training while partners within the SEG network offer students coaching and hands-on social innovation experience.
- Additionally, fellows also benefit from inclusion in the Swearer Center ecosystem of faculty, advisors, and students.
- In addition to instruction, hands-on training, and mentorship, fellows are provided with an annual stipend of $2,000.
- Moreover, in year one, fellows participate in regular workshops led by SEG and embed within an existing member of the SEGs network of social innovators.
- Furthermore, in year two, fellows have the option to: develop and launch a venture of their own, write a sustainability plan, and secure funding as needed or complete a substantial project within an SEG-supported social venture.
For the Fully-Funded Innovation Fellowships,
- The Social Innovation Fellowship is a two-year program and thus is open to first-year and second-year undergraduate students.
Value of Fellowship
- The candidates receive an annual stipend of $2000.
- The deadline for the application is March 6, 2020.
- Additionally, applications are available on UFunds.