Fully funded Terra Summer Residency Fellowships in France: (Deadline 15 January 2021)
Applications call for Terra Summer Residency Fellowships in Giverny, France. The Terra Summer Residency brings together doctoral scholars of American art and emerging artists worldwide for a nine-week residential program in Giverny, France.
In addition to that, the program encourages independent work while providing seminars and mentoring by senior scholars and artists to foster reflection and debate. The Terra Summer Residency Program also provides an opportunity for participants to widen their academic and creative horizons, explore international cultural perspectives, and forge lifelong exchanges and professional networks.
Summer Residency 2021
Global sanitary conditions and safe travel permitting, the 2021 Terra Summer Residency will be held from June 7 until August 6. The program is accepting applications for scholars only for the 2021 residency. The artist residency positions for 2021 have already been filled (2020 selected artists were asked to postpone their residencies until 2021).
Participants attending the Terra Summer Program will receive
- A $5,000 stipend (artists receive an additional $300 for the purchase of materials).
- A travel contribution (up to $500 for individuals traveling from Europe, up to $1,200 for individuals traveling from the US and Canada, and up to $1,500 for individuals traveling from other destinations).
- Lodging in the Terra Foundation residences and daily lunches. Due to the nature and format of the program, the residency does not accommodate family members (including partners and children) or other guests.
Candidates worldwide can apply. Applicants must be either:
- A doctoral candidate researching American art and visual culture or its role in the context of international artistic exchange prior to 1980. Candidates at the dissertation-writing stage are encouraged to apply.
- A visual artist with a master’s degree or its equivalent at the time of application. Preference is given to applicants who have completed their degree within the past five years.
- CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND APPLY