IBM Masters Fellowship Award Program 2020 for Students in the U.S. ($10,000 award): (Deadline 23 October 2020)
Applications are open for the IBM Masters Fellowship Award Program 2020. The program seeks to increase the number of underepresented minority students from disadvantaged backgrounds in the referenced science topics of interest by encouraging a diverse applicant pool from historically Black colleges and universities, in the United States.
Strong collaboration with faculty, students and universities is vital to IBM. The IBM Masters Fellowship Program advances this collaboration by recognizing and supporting exceptional Masters students who want to make their mark in promising and disruptive technologies, regardless of their field of study.
Candidates may currently be enrolled in Masters programs in the sciences, arts, nursing, business, law among a few with focus areas in the following topics of particular interest:
- Hybrid Cloud
- Quantum Computing / Quantum Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud / Open Source Technologies
- Security / Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Fellow will receive $10,000 in a single award year.
- Open to students from historically Black colleges and universities in the United States.
- Students must be nominated by a faculty member and must be a full-time student in a Masters program.
- Students should have at least 6 months remaining in their graduate program at the time of nomination.
- Students receiving a comparable fellowship from another company or institution (does not include academic scholarships) during the same IBM funded academic period may not be eligible for an IBM Masters Fellowship.
- The university credential email addresses must be entered in the nomination form.
Award recipients will be selected based on their overall potential for excellence, the degree to which their interests align with those of IBM, and their academic progress to-date, as evidenced by endorsements from their faculty advisor and department head.
Nominations for the 2020 IBM Masters Fellowship Award program will be accepted until October 23, 2020 at 12:00 AM (midnight) US Eastern Time. Notification of the results will take place in January of 2021.