Mrs Prakash Narula Travelling BACO fellowships 2020 (Deadline: 02 December 2019)
Applications are open for the Prakash Narula Travelling BACO Fellowships 2020. The travelling fellowship is to enable applicants outside the UK to attend the British Academic Conference of Otolaryngology (BACO) International 2020. This event will be held in Birmingham at the International conference centre from 8th to 10th July 2020.
BACO has long been the event that showcases British and Irish Otolaryngology. BACO 2020 will bring together over 1500 ENT doctors, nurses, specialist consultants and care professionals for three days of keynote, plenary and instructional sessions from a leading international and UK faculty.
Key features of this conference will be the practical surgical demonstrations, cadaveric sessions and the very popular clinical skills training centre alongside an extensive trade exhibition and poster display. There will also be unrivalled opportunities for networking at a fantastic UK must see destination.
Aims of BACO2020:
To provide professional development for those who are in training and those who have completed their training.
- Delivery of academic presentations and development presentations.
- A great chance to network and showcase innovation and cutting edge techniques.
- A truly international, inclusive conference which invites anyone with an interest in ENT to attend.
The successful applicants will receive free registration plus £750 towards travel and expenses. Successful applicants will be selected by executive members of ENT UK and the Global Health Committee.
Applicants will be considered from all countries other than the UK.
- Be a trainee within their country or specialist/consultant within 5 years of appointment
- Demonstrate in their application that they have taken an active role in local service OR education development (for example, helped set up and run a training course, organise a teaching programme, help to introduce a new service etc..)
- > 5 years Consultant / specialist grades or equivalent
- Previous recipients of BACO fellowships
Deadline for submission of fellowship: 17.00 (GMT) Monday 2nd December 2019.
- Submit a brief CV (up to 3 pages long)
- Submit a covering letter/statement, not more than 200 words, outlining why they feel they should receive the award and how will they benefit from the travelling fellowship
- Provide letters of support/recommendation from two senior colleagues with whom the applicant has worked with; one should be from the applicant’s Head of Department or Training Programme Lead
Results communicated to all successful and unsuccessful fellowship applications at the beginning of February 2020.