Paid Jobs for Youth: GHC Fellowship Opportunities at Global Health Corps (GHC): (Deadline 13 January 2021)
Rwandan citizens are eligible to apply for positions in Rwanda
What is the Global Health Corps Fellowship?
Global Health Corps is a community of emerging leaders who believe that great ideas don’t change the world, great PEOPLE do! We provide opportunities for talented young professionals from diverse sectors and backgrounds to work in leading health-focused organizations in year-long, paid fellowship positions. The fellowship begins in July 2021 and extends through July 2022. Positions are available in nonprofit, government, and private sector organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia. Fellows engage in training, professional development, and thoughtful community-building, and continue to draw upon their fellowship experience and the GHC alumni network as they build careers of lasting impact.
Applicants apply to a specific position within a specific organization and in a specific country, just like applying for a job. Fellows are selected based on their ability to fit that job description and their fit with the GHC leadership practices. To learn more about the GHC leadership practices, visit: http://ghcorps.org/apply/
Fellows are placed in organizations in pairs– one international fellow and one local fellow from the placement country– creating a fellowship team that is a central part of the fellowship experience.
What Benefits do fellows receive?
- Monthly living stipend ($650)
- Utilities stipend
- Health insurance
- A professional development grant of $600
- A completion award of $1500
- An advising program that pairs each fellow with an advisor in his/her area of work or interest
- A two-week Training Institute to begin the fellowship
- A five-day Midyear retreat in Southern Africa
- A five-day End-of-Year retreat in East Africa to finish the fellowship
- Three multi-day trainings during the year
- Travel to and from placement site, all trainings, and retreats
- Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country manager
- Personal development and accompaniment program
What are the job positions available in Rwanda?
- R01-Nat Policy and Advocacy Officer – Health Development Initiative
- R02-Nat Design Fellow – Mass Design Group
- R03-Nat eHealth Project Manager – The Ministry of Health
- R04-Nat Software Project Manager – The Ministry of Health
- R05-Nat Chronic Care & Surgery Resource Mobilization Officer – Partners In Health
- R06-Nat Communications and Media Relations Coordinator – University of Global Health Equity
For a full job, list check on https://ghcorps.org/fellows/apply-to-be-a-fellow/fellowship-position/
What are the qualifications of a fellow?
- At least an undergraduate degree
- Not beyond 30 years’ old
- Proficiency in English
IS A BACKGROUND IN GLOBAL HEALTH OR DEVELOPMENT REQUIRED?
Not at all! GHC is building a community of leaders with diverse skillsets and backgrounds. Experience in global health or development is NOT required.
What do GHC alumni do after the fellowship?
- 95% work in global health and social justice
- 83% are in mid-level or senior leadership roles
- 85% of African alumni continue to work on the African continent
- 64% work closely with other alumni beyond the fellowship year
- 20% are founders.
What have fellows said about their GHC experience? “”
“The GHC community is so important to me. It’s people who are linked together by social ties, share a common goal, and work together to improve quality of life.” – Dorothy Mkwezalamba, 2014-2015 fellow.
“I struggled to find my place. I decided to become a GHC fellow and then it became very clear that I needed to get back to my first love, which is working in HIV from the public health angle.” – Mwiche Siame, 2012-2013 fellow.
“GHC leaves me with the desire to stay in public health, fight for social justice, and thrive to make health a global human right.” — Aime Nshizirungu, 2014-2015 GHC fellow.
How do I apply?
To apply go to http://ghcorps.org/apply/
Applications close: January 13, 2021
FOR MORE QUESTIONS,
Contact [email protected]
If you are interested to learn more about Global Health Corps and these positions in particular, Please join us! We are hosting one information session: