Research Fellowship at University of Michigan: (Deadline 1 May 2021)
Research Fellowship at the University of Michigan. A postdoctoral research fellowship position is available in the Jun Wu laboratory at the Life Sciences Institute at the University of Michigan. The Wu lab’s primary focus is on metabolic research, particularly in thermogenic adipocyte regulation and alcoholic and nonalcoholic fatty liver diseases, and has experience with publishing in high profile journals such as Nature Medicine and Developmental Cell. Candidates will report directly to Dr. Wu.
Candidates on this Research Fellowship at the University of Michigan will do the following duties
- Molecular biology, PCR, DNA and RNA purification, plasmid cloning.
- Gene expression analysis by qPCR, western blotting, and immunohistochemistry.
- Mammalian cell culture with both immortalized cell lines and primary preadipocyte/hepatocyte isolation and assay.
- Mentor undergraduates, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Assist PI with writing manuscripts and grants.
- Ph.D. in fields related to biomedical sciences.
- Publications in high profile journals as a primary author.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in mouse genetics and animal physiology. Also, references from 2-3 experts in related fields.
- Also, experience with experimental troubleshooting, and analysis, and presentation of data in professional formats.
- Experience leading research projects in a basic science research lab. Similarly, experience writing manuscripts and grants.
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Dental, Vision and Legal Insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
The University of Michigan
The University of Michigan is the public research university in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America. Its comprehensive graduate program offers doctoral degrees in the humanities, social sciences, and STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) as well as professional degrees in architecture, business, medicine, law, pharmacy, nursing, social work, public health, and dentistry. Michigan’s body of living alumni comprises more than 540,000 people. Also, it is one of the largest alumni bases of any university in the world.