The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships for early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America (Funded to Universty of Konstanz/Germany). Deadline : February 28, 2020.
The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz. As ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz, without losing your ties to your home university. As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, we also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
The start date is between September 1st, 2020 and October 1st, 2020. Up to 5 (post-)doctoral stipends are available for up to 3 months (with justification for up to 4 months) and are based at the Zukunftskolleg.
- You will live in Konstanz or nearby throughout the ZUKOnnect Fellowship (the Welcome Centre of the University of Konstanz will offer support with all organizational aspects of relocating to Konstanz);
- You will actively contribute to the interdisciplinary dialogue at the Zukunftskolleg during the weekly Jour Fixe meetings (during semester);
- You will interact with fellows and researchers in relevant departments at the University of Konstanz;
- You will give a presentation in a seminar or a public lecture;
- You will acknowledge Zukunftskolleg support in any publications resulting from the stay;
- You will write a short report on your activities and achievements (within 6 months of completing your
Application Procedure :
Please submit your application documents in English via our Online application portal. The reference number is 2019/336. Applications should include:
- Motivation letter (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, an explanation how your research ties in with the research landscape at the university as well as a precise time plan for your stay)
- Short description or summary of your current research project (maximum 3 pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates (doctoral certificate or a letter of your supervisor commenting on the progress of your doctoral thesis)
- Reference letter from your home university will strengthen the application.
Questions can be directed to Daniela Kromrey via e-mail: [email protected] or by phone: (+ 49 (0)7531 / 88 – 5686). When the budget situation permits, Zukunftskolleg can grant financial support for families who accompany the ZUKOnnect Fellows during the scholarship. We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents until 28.02.2020.