United Nations Regional Courses in International Law for Africa 2021 – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (Fully-funded): (Deadline 23 November 2020)
Applications are open for the United Nations Regional Courses in International Law for Africa 2021. The Regional Courses provide high-quality training by prominent international law scholars and practitioners from different regions and legal systems on a broad range of core topics of international law, as well as specific topics of particular interest to the countries in a given region.
In addition, the interactive nature of the sessions allows the participants to share experiences and exchange ideas, which promotes greater understanding and cooperation on legal matters in the region. The Regional Courses are intended to enable qualified professionals, in particular government officials and teachers of international law from developing countries and countries with emerging economies, to deepen their knowledge of international law, and of the legal work of the United Nations and its associated entities.
- The fellowship will cover travel in economy class, accommodation, meals, medical insurance, and training materials.
- Fellowship recipients will also receive a modest stipend to cover other living expenses in accordance with the policies and procedures governing the administration of United Nations fellowships.
- There will also be a limited number of spaces for self-funded participants. With the exception of training materials, self-funded participants bear all costs associated with their participation in the Regional Course (e.g. travel, medical insurance, accommodation and living expenses).
- Open to candidates from the States Members of the United Nations that are members of the Group of African States.
- Candidates must have a legal background with professional experience in the field of international law.
- Candidates must also be fluent in the language in which the Course is offered (French in 2021).
- The selected candidates are required to certify that they are able to attend the course in its entirety.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
When selecting participants for the Regional Courses, due consideration is given to the candidates’ qualifications, to the scope of their professional duties, to the relevance of the training to their professional duties, and to gender balance. Due consideration is also given to those candidates who are already present in the host city of the Regional Course (Addis Ababa).
Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will not be considered. The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the application and selection process, and does not require information with respect to candidates’ bank accounts.