Wellcome International Training Fellowships 2021 (Full Scholarship): (Deadline 29 June 2021)
Applications call for Wellcome International Training Fellowships 2021. This scheme offers nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at Master’s degree level. The host organizations must be in Low- or middle-income countries (apart from India and mainland China)
Funding will usually be between £150,00 to £300,000. It intends to cover for salary, fees and research expenses.
In order to apply for a Wellcome International Training Fellowships, candidates must
- Be a national of a low- or middle-income country
- Have proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
- Have sponsorship from an eligible host organization in a low- or middle-income country apart from mainland China.
Applicants must be undertaking a guided period of research so that you can consolidate your existing experience and explore new areas of research. In addition to that, s/he must:
- Have a PhD and be an early-career researcher; or
- Have a degree in a relevant subject and some initial research experience; or
- Be a clinically qualified doctor (and be qualified to enter higher specialist training), vet, dentist or clinical psychologist, and have some initial research experience.
The research proposal should be within the science remit and focus on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country. While considering the application, Wellcome will look at the
- The research experience
- The quality and importance of the research question(s)
- Knowledge of the scientific area
- Feasibility of proposal
- Suitability of the choice of sponsor, supervisors and environments
- A vision of how this fellowship will contribute to their career development.