Fully funded Commonwealth Medical Fellowships in United Kingdom (Deadline:23 March,2020 )
The United Kingdom Department for International Development calls application for Commonwealth Medical Fellowship Program in the United Kingdom. Basically, the Commonwealth Medical Fellowships are the fully-funded opportunities for mid-career medical staff from low and middle-income countries, to enhance their clinical skills. Commonwealth Medical Fellowships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development.
Moreover, these fellowships are available under one of the CSC’s six themes:
- Science and technology for development.
- Strengthening health systems and capacity.
- Promoting global prosperity.
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance.
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises.
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity.
- Citizens of or have a refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country or be a British Protected Person. Or permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Academic appointment in an eligible Commonwealth country at one of the medical schools by the World Directory of Medical Schools, employed by a hospital affiliated to the Medical School where you have the academic appointment
- Available to start your fellowship in the UK between October-December 2020
- Qualification as a doctor before 1 October 2005. Similarly, qualified at a medical school recognized by the World Directory of Medical Schools
- English language requirements of the General Medical Council (GMC) by August 2020.
- Also, the primary medical qualification must be verified independently by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for the General Medical Council (GMC) registration by 31 August 2020.
- Furthermore, candidates must undertake an award at an approved UK university hospital.
Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St Helena, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
Candidates must make their application directly to the CSC using CSC’s online application system. The application must be submitted to and endorsed by the Dean of the Medical School which you have the academic appointment The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the CSC’s online application system. Only one application per applicant is eligible.
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the proposal (minimum 200 words)
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country