Fully Funded International Student Festival(Deadline: 10 March 2020)
Applications call for International Student Festival of Harkat 2020
The festival is organized by the Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology of Iran and hosted by different universities since 2008. The concept of the festival is to gather students from different parts of the world in a combination of a festival and an exhibition. The festival is open for students from all over the world and is a meeting platform for young people with different scientific and cultural backgrounds. This international youth event will include workshops and meetings in addition to the cultural program. In 2020, the festival will in Tabriz and the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Iran and Western Asian Development Institute will jointly organize the festival.
International Student Festival of HARKAT is the largest student event in Iran. he festival aims at encouraging student projects and activities, fostering inspiration and being a starting point for international cooperation amongst students. Moreover, it is a place where young people get to know each other, establish new friendships and discuss various topics, from different points of view. Last year 85 students from 54 different countries and 300 students from Iran participated in the festival, the University of Isfahan was the host of the program last year. This festival is a place to experience unforgettable moments, meet new friends and learn about different cultures in an interesting and unique way.
Aim of the Program
The International Student Festival of Harkat aims to
- Increase student scientific activities and support and encourage them.
- Identify as well as appreciate the notable achievements students, students groups and associations.
- Exchange of experience in scientific activities among students.
- Create a platform where students can easily cooperate and interact.
- The festival consists of exhibitions, lectures, team working, walking tours, sport and cultural programs and also sightseeing excursions to natural and historical sites.
- Access to lectures by prominent international scholars and professionals, interactive discussions, simulations, and site visits.
- Opportunity to explore Iranian culture, art, and history through immersive activities as well as an opportunity to interact with students from all Iranian universities and other different countries.
- Presenting their project or idea in an international event.
- Free lodging and boarding (accommodation and all meals during the event).
- Visa Letter if needed (E-visa, with no stamp in the passport).
- Free airport transfer as well as free domestic transfer (from Tehran to Tabriz and back).
- Free tours to historical and natural attractions in Tehran and Tabriz and also the festival gifts and souvenirs.
Furthermore, Certificate of Participation.
- The International Student Festival of Harkat 2020 is open to all young professionals and students of any nationality.
- There is no limitation in terms of disciplines, study fields or scientific backgrounds.
- The current enrollment status is not mandatory. Graduated students and young activists are also eligible to apply but however all the candidates must be age 18 to 38 years old.
- Able to communicate in English.
- Furthermore, all participants should present a student activity run by themself, their university or their group. Students or youth projects from any field are eligible to apply.