Fully Funded Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship 2020 at University of London (Deadline: 31 March,2020)
Applications are now open for the Fully Fund Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship 2020 at the University of London. The Centre of African Studies offers 2 PhD scholarships to African nationals as part of the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
Moreover, Applications are welcome for PhD studentships to focus on the area of state capacities, governance, and bureaucracy for development. This may include projects designed to understand public sector governance capabilities, political settlements, state-business relations, the governance of state-owned enterprises, the governance of development policy design and implementation, and so on. But applications must also, focus on the public sector/state/civil service, on governance, and development.
In order to be considered for funding, applicants must first secure an UNCONDITIONAL OFFER for the PhD by applying directly to the SOAS Doctoral School.
The eligible PhD are only those within the following departments:
- Development Studies
- International Relations/Politics
- CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
- Further, DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
- Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
- Candidates will assess on academic merit by a panel consisting of SOAS academic members. Also, the assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application.
- NOTE: By 31st of March you must have an Unconditional offer for PhD in order to be considered for funding. Note that it takes 8 weeks to receive an offer of admission for PhD, therefore to apply for the PhD at least or before January 2020.
Please provide the following documents:
- A copy of the unconditional offer received from SOAS admissions office
- A CV (please include your email address)
- 2 pages max statement outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
- Likewise, Your research proposal (as sent to the SOAS Admissions Office)
- Lastly, One academic reference