Fully Funded Scholarships in Korea-May 18 Memorial Foundation: (Deadline 12 April 2020)
There is an application call for Fully Funded Scholarships in Korea. Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship until 12th April 2020. The May 18 Memorial Foundation is providing scholarships for the Global NGO Masters Program.
About Global NGO Masters Program
- Global NGO Master‘s Program (GNMP) is a fully-funded scholarship program.
- Additionally, the May 18Memorial Foundation and the May 18 Institute at Chonnam University offer a master’s program for Global NGO activists with a full scholarship.
- Furthermore, the GNMP welcomes individuals who are passionately engaged with human rights, democracy, and peace and are eager to become professional NGO workers and leaders.
- Moreover, the program aims to educate global NGO workers who work in the fields of social enterprises, international relations, social services, and advocacy and volunteer organizations in the world.
- Additionally, the program also aims to share the May 18 Spirit and to expand knowledge about the May 18 Gwangju Democratization Uprising.
- During the school years students will have an excellent chance to know and trace the May 18 Spirit and the history of the democracy movement in Korea as well.
For the Fully Funded Scholarships in Korea, the candidates should meet the following requirements
- They must be having interested in human rights, democracy, and peace
- Additionally, the candidates should be holding a BA degree or to be graduated no later than July 31, 2020
- Also, they should be possessing high English language proficiency in speaking, writing, and reading
- Furthermore, applicants should be legally and physically able to study for two years.
The foundation will cover the following costs
- Round-trip international airfare between his/her home and Korea
- Also, a monthly stipend of 800,000KRW
- Likewise, tuitions and room & board
- Additionally, Alien card application fees
The students will cover
- Travel costs incurred in his/her own country
- Also, utilities and personal expenses
- Other optional insurances
- Additionally, all immigration-related expenses
While applying the candidates should submit the following documents
- Complete application form
- Also, a scanned copy of a valid passport
- A copy of BA certificate or its equivalent
- Likewise, physical examination report (including TB test results)
- Certificate(s) of activity in human rights issued by a related organization
- Additionally, a letter of recommendation
- Furthermore, official certificate(s) for English language proficiency
- Application Deadline: April 12, 2020
- First Screening Results: April 17 by email
- English Proficiency Interview: April 28 via Skype
- Final Results: April 29 on the Foundation Website and by email.
The May 18 Memorial Foundation is a prominent organization based in the city of Gwangju, South Korea with a view to commemorate and develop the spirit of struggle and solidarity of the Gwangju Uprising, also known as the May 18 Democratic Uprising and May 18 Gwangju Uprising.