Industrial PhD scholarship in Computer Science at Orifarm in cooperation with University of Southern Denmark : ( Deadline : 15 March 2020 )
The University of Southern Denmark (SDU) and Orifarm invite highly motivated graduates to apply for a 3-year PhD scholarship starting in April 2020, or soon thereafter. The PhD study will be conducted in the Software Engineering Section at the Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller Institute (Faculty of Engineering). The title of the project is “Data-driven agent-based simulation for decision support in parallel trading of pharmaceuticals”.
About the project
The project’s main objective is to develop agent-based modelling and simulation software for predicting parallel trading of pharmaceuticals in EU. Orifarm will use the software to simulate and support complex business decisions on buying and selling pharmaceutical products. Orifarm has operated within parallel trading since 1994 and has collected data on price fluctuations, competing products, originator products, generic products, customer behavior, marketing authorizations, sourcing countries, sales countries, product in stock, product expiry dates, etc. Orifarm wants to make these complex and essential business decisions in a more digitalized and more data-driven manner, leading to faster, less risky, less subjective (person dependent), and more sound decisions.
A rewarding and challenging position in a company with an ambition to reach excellence in cooperation with people who bring in new ideas and perspectives. The candidate will be employed by Orifarm and will at the same time be enrolled as a PhD candidate at SDU – Faculty of Engineering. SDU Software Engineering is a relatively new and growing section, focusing its research on data analytics, modeling and simulation, software design, and software development, providing high-value and people-oriented software for a variety of academic and industrial purposes. We are focusing on building a strong collaborative environment and we are currently expanding with many new positions.
The position is a 3-year Industrial PhD project. The project is funded by Orifarm A/S and Innovation Fund Denmark.
A successful applicant should have:
- MSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Informatics or equivalent
- Experience with programming languages (e.g., C++, Java, Python, etc.)
- Comfortable learning new programming languages, if needed
- Experience (or a genuine interest) in doing research
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working both independently and within a team
- Interested in longer term commitment in a growing research group
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
Please submit your application through our webpage no later than March 15, 2020. Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The application must be in English and must include:
- A research proposal/description of your approach to the above project (max one page excluding references)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates/Diplomas (MSc) – Danish or English transcripts
- An official document describing the educational structure and the grading scheme of the awarding universities
- Examples of the most relevant publications (if available) and the applicant’s master thesis
NB! Please state in your application that Orifarm is allowed to share the application and relevant documents with SDU’s Associate Professor.
Orifarm Group A/S is headquartered in Odense, Denmark and has in total around 1,200 employees in Europe. The company has activities in all European countries with sales offices in 9 sales markets. The biggest sales office outside Denmark is based in Leverkusen, Germany. Orifarm is European leader in parallel trading as well as a significant player in the Nordic generics market. Our explorer spirit characterizes our company, as we are constantly looking for new opportunities and business areas to invest in.
You can read more at: www.orifarm.com
15. marts 2020
Tlf.: +45 30 99 60 85